fooling around (chandler)

"you know, _____ and i almost slept together," chandler said as you choked on your coffee, setting down the cup as he looked over at you. you stared at him in fear, nodding your head over to the counter of the coffee shop. he got up, following you over there as the friends glanced between each other.

"are you trying to get us caught?" you asked, looking over at your friends as chandler sighed.

"no, i'm not. i just," he muttered. "i guess i'm not sure about how to tell them about us."

"chandler," you said, looking over at gunther as he handed you a cup of coffee.

"______, you know i'm not great at relationships and all. but you don't understand how badly i want them all to know," he said. "i mean, you're the first woman that i've slept with that i've been able to emotionally connect with."

you looked back over at him, smiling up at him as you took a sip of your coffee.

"chandler," you said as he took a step forwards. you looked up at him still. "we can't do this here. they are all right there."

"______, i want them to know," he said.

"i'm not ready, chandler," you said, looking back up at him before beginning to walk back over to your friends.

"why not?" he asked. you looked back over at him, letting out a sigh.

"i don't know," you muttered, setting down your cup of coffee. "i just, i don't know. i mean, maybe-" you were rambling on as chandler pulled you close as he pressed his lips to yours. when he let go, you took a step back as you cleared your throat a little. "you can do that again," you said as he smiled down at you.

"i thought you didn't want them to know," he said as you picked up your coffee again.

"i don't," you muttered. "but nobody saw us."

chandler chuckled, pressing a kiss to the side of your head as you hummed happily before going back over to your chair.

"you guys took so long," phoebe said, taking a sip of her drink as she looked between the two of you. "oh! i know why! because the two of you were kissing! that's right."

you set your coffee cup down as your eyes glanced over to chandler's.

"what made you think that?" you asked.

"duh, because i saw you both. you two are crazy," she said, getting up get more coffee as you looked between your friends.

"so, chandler was partially telling the truth?" rachel asked.

"i mean," he began as he looked over at your desperate eyes. you weren't ready to tell everyone- you were so nervous about it all. "phoebe was lying. she probably mistook us for someone else. we just went to go get coffee."

you nodded, sending him a small smile before taking a sip of your drink. chandler smiled back up at rachel nervously before looking back at you once more.

joey chuckled, joining into the conversation.

"are you kidding me? i see ______ at our place all the time."

"it's not like you don't spend all your time at monica's," you said, sitting back in your chair. "maybe i just like your apartment, i don't know."

"or maybe you just like who's in the apartment," ross said as you stood up, grabbing your coat.

"i'm not sleeping with chandler, guys," you said. "i mean, why would you all think that after i just told you i wasn't. trust is important here, people," you explained, laughing nervously at the end of your sentence before leaving the coffeehouse.