I'm In Love With You (Chandler) |part two|

based off the chapter where Chandler admits he's in love with Kathy and ____ is left to deal with those feelings she has.
===

"Hey, Rach." You said softly as you shut the door to the apartment behind you, setting your coat on a chair and walking towards the couch. She looked up from her crossword, giving you a slight frown as she looked at you.

"Everything alright, sweetie?" She asked, sounding like your mother once more. You shook your head, tucking some hair behind your ear.

"No, not really. Some guy just tried to ask me out and I rejected him because I'm "madly in love with a taken man" so you can see how that went." You replied.

Rachel gave another frown, continuing to look over at you as you plopped down on the couch next to her, taking your tennis shoes off with your feet and let your hair down.

"Any guy would apparently be lucky to have me, according to Kathy, and she says I should try and move on but I can't. I physically can't. I'm in love with him, Rachel." You told her, looking up at Monica's ceiling. "I'm in love with him."

Rachel rubbed your arm sympathetically before looking towards the door that opened, revealing Kathy and Joey, Chandler following shortly after with a woman beside him.

"Hey, guys. _____, everything okay?" Joey asked, setting his and Kathy's coat down on a chair that was next to yours. You didn't say anything but immediately spun around on your knees when you heard Chandler's laugh compared to a woman's.

"I know! It's so crazy!" Chandler responded as the woman continued to laugh. "Oh! This is Olivia, by the way. I met her when I was out with Joey and Kathy and apparently I couldn't resist so now here we are!" He said with a big smile.

Your frown felt as if it could scoop buckets of water it was so large. You stared the woman down before Rachel nudged you, forcing you to smile. "Hi." You said, tucking hair behind your ear.

Kathy and Joey exchanged secretive glances before looking back at you.

"Well, Olivia and I have a date soon so we'll be taking off now. Bye, guys." Chandler said as he left, shutting the door behind the two of them.

You sighed deeply. "Now he's seeing someone!"

Rachel frowned, patting your shoulder as you turned around to look at her focusing on the crossword. You got up and headed to the balcony where you stood out and tried to calm your breathing.

"I've never seen Chandler do this to a woman before. It's so sad." Joey commented. Kathy frowned as well. "I wish we had gone in that bagel shop."

=
That night, you had gone over to Chandler and Joey's apartment to get some things Monica needed for cooking for the funeral the next day when you heard the woman laughter. Assuming it was Kathy, you smiled before realizing that it was coming from Chandler's room.

"I'll see you tomorrow, alright? I have to work so I can't stay here." Olivia said as she exited the room with messy hair and a too tight dress fitting too skimpily on her body.

"Aw, but we could totally have more fun."

Olivia frowned, patting Chandler's cheek before giving him a kiss and exiting past you and out into the hallway. You continued to dig in the fridge, trying to ignore all that had occurred.

"She is fantastic!" Chandler exclaimed, while you continued to bury yourself in the fridge. "Don't you like her too?" He asked you, forcing you out of your hiding spot.

You shrugged. "She doesn't mark me as your type." You admitted, setting out some food on the counter near where Chandler was. You paused for a second before looking up at him with your messed up makeup and messy hair.

Yes.

You had been crying for two hours since earlier that day.

"Are you okay? Did someone break your heart cause I promise you I will break them too." Chandler said, immediately growing defensive. You shook your head, tucking the hair behind your ear before giving up and throwing it up in a bun.

"I haven't been on a date since my last one with Alex and that was several months, almost a year, ago." You told him, wiping your eyes some as more tears threatened to fall.

"Well then? What's wrong?" Chandler asked, sitting down at the barstool now as you tried to control the tears that were trying to force themselves out.

You looked at him for a minute, debating on telling him.

Your mind decided.

"I'm in love with you."

Deadly silence couldn't come close to describing the silence between the two of you as you stared at Chandler, waiting for a response from him.

He stood up slightly, backing away some before giving you two thumbs up and closing his door as you stayed in the kitchen with more tears in your eyes now.

He obviously didn't feel the same.