not dating (chandler)

"so, you're going out with her boss?"

chandler nodded, looking at you as you looked back down to the paper on monica's table.

"is that a problem?" he asked, still staring over at you as you shook your head.

"no, why would it be a problem? it's not like we're dating or anything," you muttered, closing the magazine as you looked back up at him.

"that's what you said," he replied as you nodded, still looking up at him. you two stared at each other as you moved closer before you heard the door open. you took a step back as you cleared your throat while walking around to the couch.

"hey, guys," rachel said as chandler looked over at you. "oh, how was the date with joanna?" she asked as you looked over at chandler before looking back down towards your shoes while sitting on the couch.

"what?" he asked as he turned back to rachel. "oh, that. yeah, it was okay."

"just okay? she said that had a really great time," rachel responded. "are you gonna go out with her again?"

he shrugged, looking back over at you before responding.

"i'm not sure."

"you should! she really liked you," rachel said before walking over to joey and chandler's place. you got back up as you looked towards the door before looking back over at him.

"so, you're not going to call her?" you questioned, beginning to walk past him, but he grabbed your hand as he pulled you back to him. "chandler, what are you doing?"

he stared down at you, watching as your eyes wandered away from his before he gained your attention once more.

"chandler," you began to mutter, but he pressed his lips to yours as you stayed close to him. you let go when you heard the door open again as rachel walked back in.

you looked up at him before turning around to walk away, but rachel noticed what had happened.

"oh my god," she said. "it finally happened! oh, this is so great for you guys!"

you furrowed your brows in confusion, looking over at her as she smiled back at the two of you.

"what?" you asked.

"you're finally dating! oh my god, monica owes me twenty bucks."

you turned around to look at chandler as he just stared back at you.

"we're not dating," you told her softly. "we've only kissed a few times."

she smiled a little before chandler continued.

"and i mean, unless us sleeping together a few times is considered dating then," he muttered as you turned around to look at him to get him to stop talking. "oh, did i say that out loud?"

rachel covered her mouth in surprise.

"oh my god! when have you been-?" she began, but you cleared your throat.

"we did yesterday," you muttered, awkwardly playing with your hair. "when you guys offered to go to a play and chandler said he didn't want to go because he had some work to do, that's when we were together."

"oh, another time was when we said we were going to get dinner for everybody and we ended up going to a park near the pizza place," chandler continued.

"and we've done it several times here when it's an empty apartment," you muttered, scratching your head a little. "anyways, what does it matter?" you asked. "we aren't dating."

rachel laughed a little.

"you can call it that all you'd like- that you aren't dating-, but you one hundred percent are," she said. "i mean, you two have been sneaking around for months it seems like!"

"six to be exact," chandler responded as you cleared your throat, looking down towards your shoes.

"oh my god! monica owes me forty bucks!"

"why did you two bet on this?" you questioned.

"well, it wasn't just me and monica. i mean, joey said he walked in on you two kissing and then we all started making assumptions and it led to betting."

"joey told? i thought me buying him that playboy would've shut him up," you muttered as rachel laughed.

"oh my god, you two!"

you blushed heavily, looking over at chandler before turning back to rachel.

"look, just don't tell anyone, okay? i'm still trying to figure this out," you told her. she furrowed her brows.

"______," she began as you looked up at her. "you two have slept together multiple times. if that's not dating, what is!"

chandler was still staring at you as you turned around.

"do you want to call it dating, chandler?" you asked as he nodded.

"more than you'll ever know."

you smiled over at him, pressing a kiss to his lips briefly before letting go as he stared down at you. rachel smiled to herself as she looked over at the two of you.