Simply Protective (Chandler)

"I'm sorry, but you can't let her have that as a gift, Joey." Chandler told him as Monica and you sat at the table, drinking your coffee as you tried to eavesdrop into the conversation.

"Why not? She'd love it!"

You stood up, setting your drink down. "What is it that you got her that has you so worked up?" You asked him. Joey looked over at you as you stood next to Chandler.

"What? Do you have a better idea than a clock pen?" He asked, chuckling slightly. Chandler glanced between the two of you. He took a step back, sitting down on your chair.

"Yes. How about getting her something truly meaningful?" You tapped your chin jokingly. "Maybe you could give her this."

You went over to where Chandler had dumped the book he had gotten, completely wrapped and ready, and handed it to Joey. "This is her favorite book as a kid. Give it to her alright?"

He smiled, pulling you into a hug before pressing a light kiss to your forehead as Chandler stood up quickly.

"Hey, watch it. You have a girl." He said, coming over and pulling you to his side, pressing a kiss to your temple causing you to laugh slightly.

Joey stared at you. "Yeah, I know." He said softly before exiting the room. Chandler eagerly brought you over to the couch where he wrapped you up quickly.

"Aw, you jealous?" You said in a baby voice, sticking your lower lip out as if you were pouting. Chandler frowned. "Uh, no. I'm protecting you from him or else you'd get a gift like that pen for your birthday."

You laughed. "Chandler, it's alright to be jealous. You don't have to hide it or anything. Joey's a good looking guy and even if you are his best friend, I'm still your girlfriend and you feel the need to protect me. It's alright."

He let out a sigh. "Good, because I was totally jealous. It's not fair how he can just totally get a woman underneath him!"

You arched a brow, turning around slightly to face him. He opened his mouth but immediately shut it once more. You laughed it off, pressing a small kiss to his cheek before laying your head down on his shoulder.

"Aw, you guys. Stop being cute." Monica said, sitting in the chair across from the two of you. You smiled, a blush powdering your cheeks as you tried to contain the smile.

"Chandler is just being himself- his jealous self- but I love it." You admitted, giving him another kiss before leaning your head back down.