Cheater (Ross)

You slid out of your coat, tossing it to Monica who hung it up for you, along with her own and Rachel's, and joined you by the fridge.

"So, have you talked to Ross lately?"

You shook your head. "No, he's in China, remember? There's not really much of a good reception there."

Monica sighed. "Right, sorry. I'm just so happy for you two!" She exclaimed. You let out a gentle smile. "I know. He makes me happy and I'm glad I found that light in my life again."

Rachel burst through the door suddenly, running behind the two of you, and looked at you.

"Ross is cheating."

You stared at her completely dumbfounded. "Wait, what? Why would you think that? How does that thought just come into your brain randomly like that?"

Rachel shook her head. "It didn't. I saw him. I saw him. With another woman! And they were being more than just friendly with each other. I was just trying to give him a final goodbye hug before he leaves for China and I turned around to find him with another woman."

You set down the cup in your hand, scared you might end up just dropping it. Ross was cheating on you? Hadn't he heard what you had told him last night? About how happy you were with him? How he made you feel normal again?

Guess not.

"I need some air." You told them both, excusing yourself and taking a step out into the hallway. You felt the tears begin to flow down your cheeks as you stood against the wall, your face in your hands as you began to start really crying.

Ross was cheating on you. Your Ross.

You didn't hear the door open until a voice spoke.

"Oh, are you PMS'ing?"

You looked up with tear stained cheeks to see Joey standing there with a confused look on his face. You shook your head. "No, no. It's uh, Ross is cheating on me." You spit it out like it was poison.

You began to cry again as you reached out for Joey to take you into his arms. You weren't a bad girlfriend, were you? You didn't push him too much, did you?

You buried your face into his chest as you tried to stop the hiccups coming from your lips. You still couldn't believe what Rachel had seen.

Joey didn't do much, just held back onto you as Monica exited into the hallway to find you there. "Uh, hey, can I talk with you?"

"I'm kinda hung up here, Monica." Joey responded. She sighed, giving him a look. "Not you. Her. Can I talk to you, ____?"

You didn't want to leave his hold. You felt like you were being comforted. You didn't let go of Joey as a sign to Monica.

"I think she just wants to be with me for a while." Joey responded for you, causing you to bury your face back in his chest. "I'll let you know when she wants to see you both."

Monica nodded. "Okay. Thanks, Joey."

He nodded, continuing to hold onto you. You let go of him to make eye contact with his eyes. "Why do you think Ross cheated on me?" You asked him, his arms still around you.

"I think he just made a very stupid mistake. Why would someone want to cheat on you? I mean, have you seen yourself?"

You smiled a little.

"You're a good guy, Joey. I just wish Ross was the same way."