heartbroken (chandler/joey) |part four|

"so, you're telling me that ______ and joey slept together?" rachel said, sitting with phoebe in the coffee house as you walked inside. 

"yeah, but, like, not sleeping," phoebe said. 

rachel nodded, looking over to see you getting a coffee to go as she stood up and walked over to you. 

"hey, ______," she said, causing you to look over at her. 

"hey, rach," you said, looking back to get your coffee. when you got it, you were about to leave, but rachel pulled you to sit down between her and phoebe. 

"_______, tell us about what's going on," she said, all giddy with excitement as you looked at the two of them. "with joey. tell us everything."

"there's not much to tell," you muttered, taking a sip of your drink. "we slept together, that's all. at first, i thought it was because it would be a way for me to get back at chandler for what he did to me but now," you continued. "i think it's real."

rachel scooted closer.

"real?"

you nodded, still looking straight on towards the table. 

"yeah, i mean," you continued. "he's just, he's so sweet and gentle. and he's so different than chandler because he's not afraid of relationship things," you said. "chandler was always scared of trying to move on from the next level. he was scared of me at times and i don't know why."

rachel patted your shoulder as she rubbed your back, smiling at you.

"are you going to see him tonight?" phoebe asked.

you nodded.

"i have a couple of things left to get from their apartment," you said. "and since i'm trying to avoid chandler most of the time, i'm going later when joey is normally home anyways."

"chandler is usually home at night," phoebe said. 

"yeah, but he usually tends to stay in his room because that's when we used to- you know what, never mind," you said, clearing your throat as you stood up to go back to your job. phoebe and rachel watched as you left before they went back to gossiping. 
-

"i just don't get it," chandler said to ross as they were walking back down the hallway. chandler unlocked the door as they put the leftovers on the counter.

"what?" ross said as he took off his coat.

"what ______ sees in him! she's my girlfriend!"

ross looked at him as he took out a beer from the fridge. 

"she's your ex girlfriend, man," he said. "you cheated on her-"

"i don't need to be reminded of that," he muttered.

"but, you did it. i think it's best that you let her move on in the way she wants."

chandler sighed. "it's morally wrong for joey to be dating her, according to the code."

ross nodded. "technically," he began. "yes. but, she has the right to choose who she wants to date. although, why doesn't she choose me of all people?" 

chandler looked at him, somewhat bored and annoyed. 

"ross? you? come on. that woman knows better than to date someone who enjoys dusting dead bodies for a living," he said as ross looked over at him. 

"well, she dated the class prankster, so i mean," he began.

chandler looked at him in slight shock.

"because she knows that i'm a good boyfriend," he said. 

joey opened the door as they were talking, causing them to both pause and look towards the door to see who was coming. 

"hey, what are you guys talking about?" 

"_______," ross said.

joey smiled to himself, looking at both of them before walking on back to his room and shutting the door as ross looked over at him before looking at chandler. 

"i just don't get what she sees in him," ross said.

"well, they're not dating," chandler said.

ross shook his head. 

"they've slept together," he said. 

chandler looked down towards his shoes.

"i can't believe all of this is happening just because of what happened in london," chandler muttered, putting his hand to his head.