Thirtieth Birthday (Chandler)

"I remember my thirtieth birthday." Phoebe recalled, leaning back in her chair slightly with a smile on her lips. "I remember I was at the coffee house with you all, well outside of it at least, and I tried to accomplish all the things I wanted to do before I turned thirty."

You chuckled slightly.

"What's your story, ____?" Monica asked.

You looked up at her, grabbing your coffee and looking over towards Chandler who sat with his arm around Monica.

"Uh, well, I wanted to go on a date."

Monica cocked her head to the side. "A date?"

You nodded, loosely tucking your hair behind your ear. "Yes, a date. But not just some random date, no. I wanted to go on a date with someone I loved very much."

Your eyes met Chandler's who smiled down at Monica before making eye contact with you once more.

"But he found someone else to love."

Joey glanced between the two of you, standing up and grabbing your hand. He brought you off to the side, outside of the coffee house.

"Chandler?"

You nodded, wiping the tear that fell down your cheek tragically. "Yes, Joey. The guy I'm in love with is marrying someone else tomorrow. Tomorrow! What the hell am I going to do?"

He shook his head. "There's nothing you can do but be happy for them. That's what they'd want too."

You nodded, wiping your crying eyes. "Okay."

Joey pulled you into a hug as your mind drifted into an endless abyss of thoughts and confusion.

-
here we go!!

treat people with kindness.

-katherine

☁️🌈