secretly (chandler)

you, rachel, monica, and phoebe were all sitting on the couch watching television when monica got up to get some food from the fridge. you were looking at one of the catalogs that rachel was previously looking at when you heard the phone ring. you got up to answer it since rachel didn't want to get up and phoebe was trying to tie a knot with her hair.

"hello?" you asked, looking down at your nails before hearing chandler on the other end of the phone. it caused you to ignore your nails and  completely pay attention to him.

"oh, i didn't realize that you were at monica's," he said. you laughed a little, sitting down next to the phone.

"where else would i be?" you questioned as chandler let out a small chuckle.

"anyways, are you alone right now?" he asked. you turned around to see phoebe and rachel talking as they were getting up to go to the kitchen to see monica. you turned back around as you cleared your throat a little.

"i'm with the girls," you told him. "why?"

"i wanted to come over," he said.

"this isn't my apartment," you said, smiling a little as your fingers ran along the arm of the couch.

"isn't that what makes it exciting?" he asked as you blushed heavily.

"i'll call you back," you told him, setting the phone down as you stood up. monica, phoebe, and rachel all looked over at you as you began to walk out of the apartment.

"hey, where you going?" rachel asked.

"isn't it obvious? to get a new jacket, duh," phoebe said, causing you to look down at your current jacket.

"this is rachel's," you muttered, looking back up at the three of them. "okay, nevermind. i have to run to the post office real quick. my mom sent me a letter, it's nothing crazy."

you left the girls and walked over to joey and chandler's, hoping to be quiet so that the girls wouldn't know where you had gone. when you walked inside, you found joey sitting in one of the loungers. he turned around when he heard you close the door.

"oh, hey, _____," he said, getting up to grab another drink. "i guess you finally decided to go for joey, didn't you?" he asked, smiling over at you. you smiled at him, looking over towards chandler's door.

"is chandler home?" you asked, looking up at him before turning around again.

"no, but i'm here," he said, walking to you. you smiled, taking a step back as you looked down at your wrist.

"well, i need to go see if i can find my watch. i left it in- you know what, never mind," you said, patting his shoulder as you walked to chandler's room and opened the door. you shut it behind yourself quietly as you went over to the opposite side of his bed. you took a seat on it, looking around before getting antsy and trying to see if he had another phone in his room that you could call him on.

before you could really start searching, you heard the door open as chandler walked into the room and threw his stuff near the door. you stood up when he got there.

"there you are," he said. "i went over to monica's and she said that you had gone to the post office to get a letter from your mom."

you walked over to him.

"i know, it was a crappy response," you said, grabbing his hands in yours as you pulled him towards you. "but it doesn't matter because you're here now."

he smiled down at you as you pressed your lips to his. when you let go, you kept staring up at him.

"joey hit on me again," you muttered.