Jealous Mittens (Joey)

"You were acting so inappropriate back there!" You nearly shouted as you and Joey both entered Central Perk to be greeted by all of your friends looking at the two of you. You bore one of Joey's coats on, seeing that Monica had stolen yours, and your hair was loosely running down your back. You held a Christmas bag in hand, along with a few other shopping bags.

"What happened?" Monica asked, setting down her drink on the table in front of her, pushing the drink beside the cookies that Rachel had just set down.

"Ooo! What'd you buy?" She asked, as you handed her the bags while stripping yourself of the coat and laying it over the back of the couch, shoving the mittens you had on into the pockets as well.

"We're doing our Christmas shopping and I see a guy that I went out with for about two months, and I greet him. Nothing wrong with that. At least not until Joey here," You say, turning around to face him, "Gets totally jealous and nearly knocks the guy out."

"I can't believe you couldn't see that he was looking you all over like you were some type of Christmas cookie!" Joey tried to defend himself, tossing his coat on top of the one you had been wearing.

"He was saying hi! He was being polite! What's the big deal with that! Do you think that just because he's a doctor and has an actual job that you'll never add up to him? That you'll never be as 'far in your walk of life' as him!" You exclaimed, feeling a hand on your shoulder.

You turned around to be greeted with Chandler smiling at you. "This isn't a couples therapy session, please keep your voice lowered."

You shrugged his hand off you, taking a seat in Joey's chair with a frown on your lips. Ross stared over across at you with a sad gleam in his eye, but you didn't notice as you continued to stare at the cookie plate.

"Oh, come on! What? You don't expect me to be even the slightest bit jealous? I'm your boyfriend! Of course I'm going to get jealous!" Joey exclaimed, watching your eyes flicker to his and then back down towards the floor where your shoes tapped the ground carelessly.

Monica looked between the two of you. "Maybe you two need us to leave so you can talk it out."

You chuckled. "Talking? Talking is what got us to this point now. It won't do us any good." Monica sat back in her seat next to Phoebe who just looked between everyone. "Maybe we could all use a song to cheer us up. I just wrote a Christmas jingle."

Rachel nodded and Monica clapped for approval. However, you just stood up, grabbing your coat, well Joey's, and heading out of the coffee place and into the cold air of the night.

-
You didn't usually spend time away from friends near Christmas, especially now when the crowds were crazy for shopping and Rachel called it a fashion hazard, but you were still angry. Why would he feel the need to be jealous?

You let out a sigh, running a cold hand through your hair, realizing you didn't have your mittens. You had left them in the coat pocket, you remembered shoving them inside of there. Maybe you had accidentally put them in the wrong pocket?

Nope.

Now you had to go back and get them. You weren't going to continually let your hands freeze until you could no longer feel them.

You turned on your heel, heading back the way you came and tried to warm your hands up by shoving them in the deep pockets of Joey's coat.

-
You entered Central Perk once more to see that Ross, Chandler, and Phoebe had all gone. Joey sat with Rachel and Monica, and you stared over at the smaller group of your friends.

"Maybe you shouldn't get so jealous." Rachel commented, sipping carefully on the hot cup of coffee she had fixed for herself. "I mean, you know she's not going to leave you."

"How do you know that?" Joey asked, sitting up and placing his elbows on his knees. "I finally found a woman I love and she gets mad at me for just wanting to protect her."

You coughed a little, causing them all to turn towards you. Your cheeks were tinted with a pink blush as your eyes met Joey. You wanted to open your mouth to speak but his lips were on yours before you could say anything.

Your cold hands came out of the deep pockets you had them in and tugged on his coat to pull him closer to you. You let go, your eyes still shut before you opened them and looked towards the ground.

"I'm sorry." He said, his hands on your waist.

You didn't say anything, just staring at the ground before finally looking up at him again.

"It's okay." You said, giving him a gentle smile. "I overheard what you said, and you won't lose me. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I could get over you if I did."

Joey laughed. "That does make me feel better."

You laughed along with him, looking back up at him again. Your hands moved to around his torso as you held onto him, pulling him close to you.

"I love you a lot, I hope you know that." You told him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. He laughed a boyish one, making a cheesy grin to go along with it.

"I never thought I'd hear those words."

You smiled once more before pressing your lips back to his, as everything around you melted into a blur of colors.