Baby Food

Y/N POV:

Harper is now able to eat baby food, so tonight at dinner, I was planning on giving her some to try. I had gotten out two veggie flavors, sweet potato and sweet peas, and two fruit flavors, bananas and apples. I was currently making dinner while Harper was in her bouncy swing playing with a few of her toys. A few minutes later, Niall arrived home, which made Harper squeal with excitement when she saw her daddy.

"Hi Harper, did you miss daddy" Niall said as he picked her up and attacked her with kisses which made her squeal and giggle at the same time.

I was giggling at my husband when I saw what he was doing. "She probably did Niall" I said walking towards my husband to kiss him.

"What's cooking babe"

"Roast"

"Smells good"

"Thanks"

"What's Harper's high chair doing out"

"She's able to eat baby food now, so I was thinking about giving her some tonight during dinner"

"Oh ok, seems as if she's getting hungry now. Were you planning on feeding her or should I do it."

"I think you should do it cos she feeds from me most of the time. Also, I was planning on having her be in just her diaper so her clothes don't get all messy"

"Good idea babe"

Niall took Harper into the living room and started to get her undressed.

"Alright Harper, are you ready to try some of your baby food" Niall said as he picked her up and carried her back into the kitchen, placed her in her high chair, and strapped her in. He also put a bib on her.

"Is there a certain one you were planning on giving her babe"

"The doctor told me that it was best to give her a veggie flavor first so I think we should try sweet peas first."

"Alright babe"

Niall grabbed the sweet peas jar and a spoon and brought it over to Harper. He also grabbed a bottle filled with water for Harper. He then opened the jar, got a small spoonful of the sweet peas and held it in front of Harper.

"Ok Harper, open wide for daddy, here comes the airplane"

Harper just stared at the spoon and didn't open up. Niall tried a few more times but she still wouldn't open up.

"Babe I can't get her to open up, she keeps staring at the spoon"

"Try putting a little bit on her bottom lip so she can actually taste it"

"Good idea babe"

Niall put a little bit on her bottom lip and Harper smacked her lips together.

"I think she likes it Ni, now try and see if you can get her to try and eat off the spoon"

"Alright babe"

Niall got another spoonful of peas and Harper actually opened her mouth for her daddy. She struggled a little bit with trying to eat off the spoon, as some of it dripped onto her bib, but she eventually got the hang of it. Then she started coughing slightly.

"Niall she's probably thirsty, just give her a few sips of water"

"You thirsty Harper" Niall said as he carefully gave Harper a few sips of her water.

"There you go Harper"

"Do you think I should give her a bit more or not babe"

"Try a little more"

"Ok"

Niall then picked the spoon back up, got some more peas, and brought it to Harper's mouth, and she took it, but before he could give her another one, Harper spat the peas right out at her daddy.

"Aaaahhhh"

I was laughing after I saw what Harper did.

"I think she's full Niall" I said while still laughing.

"I agree babe" Niall said laughing himself.

"Alright Harper, its bath time for you" Niall said as he unstrapped her from her high chair and picked her up and carried her upstairs to get her bathed.

I cleaned up Harper's high chair tray and put the spoon in the dishwasher. Harper had eaten about half of the sweet peas. Now that she's eaten sweet peas, I'm gonna talk to Niall about giving her some other flavors to try next.