Water Breaks

Y/N POV:

It was about 5:30pm on November 15th, which was 3 days past my due date. I was currently laying on the couch, just wanting to go into labor so badly because I really wanted Harper here.

"Hey babe, you ok" Niall asked me as he came in the living room.

"I just really want her here, I'm already 3 days overdue and it's taking a huge hit on me and I can't even sit up on my own anymore" I said as I started crying.

"Hey darling don't cry" my husband told me as he helped me sit up before sitting down next to me, pulling me in for a hug and rubbing my back. I leaned against my husband.

"Niall I need to lay down"

"Alright babe" Niall said as he laid down on the couch and allowed me to lay on top of him. Once I was laying down with my head on my husband's chest, I felt Niall start rubbing my back and trying his best to comfort me.

"Honestly Niall, I've been feeling so tired lately that I feel like I've wasted time that we could've spent together"

"Darling you know I'm here for you, you're the love of my life, and me just laying here right now with you is something I love doing with you. If you fall asleep on me, it won't bother me because I love you" Niall said as he kissed my head while rubbing Harper.

"Thanks Ni, I love you too. I really wanna sleep, but I'm really hungry and so is Harper. She wants Hawaiian pizza with stuffed crust"

"How about we order some then, cos that sounds good"

We ordered our pizza, then we just watched a bit of TV while we waited for it to arrive. We were now sitting on the floor. Niall was sitting behind me, rubbing my back. I had my hand on my bump the whole time and Niall had noticed. So he put his hand on top of mine.

"Y/N"

"Yeah"

"I'll tell you what, if you don't go into labor these next few days, I'll pay for you to be induced"

"Really"

"Yeah"

"Thanks Ni"

"You're welcome babe, I love you so much"

"I love you too Niall"

We then heard the doorbell ring which meant our pizza was here. Niall went and got it. He came back in with two boxes of pizza, then went into the kitchen and came back with a bottle of strawberry lemonade and two glasses. Niall and I enjoyed our dinner. Even Harper got to enjoy the part of pizza that got to her.

Soon after our pizza dinner, I felt a pain in my stomach which felt like a Braxton Hicks contraction. It lasted about 30 seconds. About 30 minutes later, I had another one which was again 30 seconds long. About 25 minutes later, I had another one, but this one was slightly stronger and longer than the first two, which made me think I might actually be in labor.

About 20 minutes later, when I was having my next contraction, I felt Niall put his hand on my back.

"You okay babe"

"I've been having contractions and I think I might be in labor"

"How long have you been having them"

"Over an hour, they're lasting about 30 seconds to a minute long, and now they're about 20 minutes apart. Before they were about 30 minutes apart"

"Do you know when we need to go to the hospital"

"When my contractions are 5 minutes apart or if my water breaks"

About 15 minutes later, I started having another contraction that made me tense up and hold on to Niall who was doing his best to comfort me.

"Just breathe babe, you got this"

After the contraction ended I felt a slight pressure in my lower abdomen, then a pop and fluid running down my leg.

"Niall my water just broke, we have to get to the hospital"

"Alright babe let's go have our baby girl" Niall said as he helped me stand up, get into a new pair of pants and into my shoes, and helped me into the car before he got in and drove off to the hospital.