Holding the Baby for the First Time

Niall's POV:

Y/N has already given birth and we have moved into a recovery room which is a hospital suite with a bed for two people and a bathroom connected to it.

Y/N was currently feeding Harper for the first time and Harper was doing a good job. I was laying in bed next to my wife watching her feed our baby.

 I was laying in bed next to my wife watching her feed our baby

I couldn't help but smile at my two girls. Y/N had to go through labor for a long time, but I can't believe she brought our little girl into the world.

I laid my head on Y/N's shoulder and she looked at me. "You did amazing babe, I can't believe she's here, happy and healthy" I told her as I gently stroked Harper's head.

"Thanks Niall, I can't believe she's here either, and she's doing a good job feeding" she said while yawning before she kissed me.

"As soon as she's done feeding, how about I take her for a little bit while you get some rest darling"

"Thanks Niall" Y/N said as Harper finished her first feed and my wife handed me our daughter so I could hold her for the first time. I took my shirt off so I could do skin to skin with our little girl. Harper wriggled a little bit as she was being handed to me. I burped her and then cradled her in my arms. Y/N watched me hold her for a few minutes before falling asleep.

"Hi Harper, this is your daddy, I can't believe you're finally here

"Hi Harper, this is your daddy, I can't believe you're finally here. My gosh you're so beautiful. I can't wait to play with you when you're older, give you advice, teach you how to play golf or guitar if you ever wanna learn to play, and all the other fun activities I wanna do with you. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to teach a boy a lesson when you're older aren't I baby girl. But I'll always love you Harper, you're my baby girl, and no matter how old you are and what you do with your life you'll always be my baby girl. Daddy loves you so much Harper!" I said as I adjusted her so she was lying chest to chest with me, as I rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head.