Morning Routine

Y/N POV:

It was about 8:00 in the morning when I heard Harper crying, so I went to her nursery to get her. When I came into her nursery, she was flailing her arms around and kicking, just like she was yesterday.

"Hey Harper, mummy's here, let's get you a fresh diaper and then I'll feed you" I said as I laid her on the changing table, unzipped her pjs and removed the leg parts of her pjs, removed her soggy diaper, and put a new diaper on her. I tried to put the legs of her pjs back on and zip her pjs up, but her cries had gotten louder and she started turning her head and moving her mouth fast.

"You want some skin to skin time with mummy Harper, okay let's go" I said as I picked her up, grabbed a couple of blankets and a onesie for her, and went to our bedroom. Niall was still asleep, so I laid Harper on my side of the bed so I could remove my top. I then picked her up, laid down in bed, made myself comfortable and placed Harper against my skin. Once Harper was laying against my skin, she started trying to latch on, so I slowly guided her towards my nipple and she quickly latched on and started sucking.

I quickly pulled her blanket and the covers over her so she wouldn't get cold and placed the other blanket over my shoulder that was opposite to the side she was latched onto.

I kissed her as she ate. "You really wanted your breakfast didn't you Harper. Don't you worry, that's what mummy's here for" I said quietly as I smiled at her.

While Harper was enjoying her breakfast, I looked over at Niall who was still sleeping. If he doesn't have any plans throughout the day, he will try to sleep in.

"Daddy's still sleeping Harper, he's probably really tired" I told Harper, knowing how much my husband needs to take some time to wind down and rest cause it's hard for him to rest when on the road.

About a few minutes later, Harper was still eating when I felt Niall slowly move. I looked up to see my husband slowly sitting up while rubbing sleep from his eyes. Once he opened his eyes completely he looked towards my side to see both of his girls already awake.

"Morning babe, how long have you been up"

"Morning Ni and since like 8:00 so not that long"

"Did Harper wake you up"

"Yeah, she got hungry"

"Oh are you top less babe"

"Yeah, Harper decided she wanted skin to skin with mummy this morning during her breakfast. I did this with her yesterday after you left for work"

"This is beautiful to watch" Niall said laying his head on my shoulder and kissing my temple.

"Awe thanks Niall" I said as we kissed each other.

We both looked at our baby girl who was still sucking on my nipple. Her eyes were slightly closed.

"She still looks tired"

"It's usually how she looks when she's eating"

"How much do you feed her in the morning"

"I let her have as much as she needs. In the morning is when she's really hungry"

After a few more minutes, Harper was done eating and I delatched her.

"Do you wanna take her"

"Of course, come here baby girl"

Niall grabbed her from me and burped her. Once she burped, Niall just cradled her against his chest and rubbed her back. Harper then fell back asleep on her daddy's chest, which made Niall kiss her forehead.

"Seems as if she wants to sleep a bit more"

"Yeah honestly Niall, I don't feel the need to get out of bed at all today and I honestly don't wanna put my top back on"

"I feel the same way babe, how about all three of us have a lazy day in bed as a family."

After Niall said that, Harper nuzzled her head deeper into Niall's chest.

"Along with skin to skin time with our baby girl" Niall said as we were both laughing at what Harper just did.

"I would love to Niall" I said as my husband and I kissed each other.

It turned out to be a lazy morning that eventually lead to a lazy day in bed as a family.