First Night With the Baby

Y/N POV:

It was currently 10:00pm. We had put Harper down about an hour and a half ago in her bassinet and we're now laying in our bed.

"This is it babe, our first night with Harper, are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be Niall" I said before we both fell asleep.

I'm not sure how long I was asleep for, but I woke up to Harper's cries at about 1:00am. I got out of bed and went to pick her up. When I sat down in bed, Harper started turning her face towards my chest and moving her mouth, letting me know she was hungry. I unclipped the strap of my nursing tank and lowered it, allowing Harper to latch on which she did quickly. I pulled her blanket over her up to her arms and kissed her as I fed her.

About 5 minutes into Harper's feeding time, I felt something on my shoulder. I turned to see my husband awake with his head on my shoulder.

"Hey Ni"

"Hey babe, how long have you been up with her"

"About 5 minutes"

"Alright when she's done feeding, I'll get her back to sleep and you can get rest"

"Thanks Niall"

It didn't take long for Harper to finish feeding, then I handed her to Niall, who burped her, and was able to get her to fall back asleep in a few minutes. After Niall laid her back down in her bassinet, he got back into bed and we both fell asleep and Harper didn't wake up for the rest of the night.

The next morning I woke up around 7:30 to see that both Harper and Niall we're still sleeping. The first night with Harper wasn't so bad after all.