Niall Sings to the Baby

Niall's POV:

It was about 3:30 in the afternoon and both Y/N and Harper were asleep. I was downstairs in the living room watching golf and playing guitar when I heard Harper crying. I went upstairs to her nursery, seeing her wriggling in her blanket.

"Hey Harper what's the matter" I cooed as I picked her up and started swaying side to side which made her cries die down slightly, but not quite into a whimpering noise.

"Sshh Harper, it's okay, daddy's got you" I said as I carried her downstairs to the living room and sat down on the couch.

I turned the volume down on the TV and started moving my hand slowly up and down Harper's back, who was still crying.

"Do you want daddy to sing to you Harper" I softly cooed to her as she started to whimper, and grabbed onto my shirt with her little fist.

I started singing Flicker to Harper, while I was singing, her quiet whimpers started to fade away.

After I finished singing, Harper had stopped whimpering and was asleep again, but still holding onto my shirt. I gently kissed her head and continued rubbing her back.

"I love you Harper, my precious baby girl"

I was so busy admiring Harper that I didn't notice Y/N come downstairs.

"Hey Ni, I heard you singing"

"Hey babe, I was singing not too long ago, I was trying to get her to calm down" I said as I kissed her.

"You're an amazing dad"

"Awe thanks babe, I love both you and her so much"

"I love you too Niall and you too Harper"