Niall Takes Care of Y/N

Niall's POV:

We were currently on our way home from Y/N's appointment and deciding on our birth plan.

I noticed that Y/N had sounded more quiet than normal. When we stopped at a red light, I looked over to see that Y/N had fallen asleep. I don't blame her, cos she felt tired this whole morning.

When we arrived home, Y/N was still sleeping, so I got myself and her out of the car and carried her to our bed. I carefully removed her shoes along with her coat, laid her down, and pulled the covers over her before placing a gentle kiss on her temple and left our bedroom closing the door behind me.

I decided to clean the house up while Y/N's asleep. I had cleaned the kitchen, the living room and done laundry when I noticed my mum was sending me a FaceTime call so I answered my phone.

"Hey mum"

"Hey Niall"

"What's up"

"I was just calling to see how you and Y/N were doing"

"We're doing fine"

"That's good, where's Y/N"

"She's sleeping, she's been tired all morning and at her appointment earlier"

"Ok how was the appointment"

"Good our baby is healthy so all we have to do is wait til Y/N goes into labor"

"Oh my goodness not long now"

"Yeah I can't wait to meet her"

"Neither can I, well I'll let you get back to what you're doing and tell Y/N I said hi and that I'm sending you both my love when she's in labor"

"I will, thanks mum, I'll let you know when Y/N's in labor, bye"

"Bye"

I hung up and I decided to bring Y/N some water to drink when she wakes up. When I came into our room, Y/N was still sleeping with a hand on her bump.

I placed her water on her bedside table and decided to play guitar for a little bit

I placed her water on her bedside table and decided to play guitar for a little bit. I was playing a little tune on my guitar when I heard Y/N moan. I set my guitar down and went over to our bed to see her trying to sit up but couldn't.

"Niall"

"I'm here babe I'm here" I said helping her sit up.

"I'm sorry you have to help me with a lot and that I was asleep for a while"

"Hey hey babe, it's ok you needed your rest" I said as I hugged her.

She then let out a painful moan.

"What's the matter, babe"

"My back hurts really bad"

"You wanna relax in a bath"

"That would be wonderful as long as I can have my husband to keep me company"

"I can certainly do that babe"

While my wife was relaxing in a bath, I brought her her water which she did drink, as she was thirsty. Y/N relaxed in the bath for about a half hour until the water started getting cold, so I helped her get out and put her bathrobe on before helping her walk into our bedroom.

"Niall what's my favorite lotion doing out" my wife asked me.

"Just wait and see babe" I told her as I helped her sit on the bed.

As soon as she sat down, I put some of her lotion on my hands and started massaging her feet. Once I was done massaging her feet, I got behind her and started massaging her back. Once I was done massaging my wife, I helped her get dressed before helping her lay back down. Once I laid her down, I saw her crying.

"Babe, what's wrong"

"I feel like all the pain I've had during pregnancy is relieved for the first time in months, so I thank you for that, but as you were massaging me, it made me realize that this might be how the rest of my pregnancy goes and I really don't want to waste time that we could spend together before Harper arrives."

"Darling, don't think about it that way, we're spending time together right now, even though we're not out of the house. How about I cuddle with you for a while"

"I only feel comfortable laying on my left side and I wanna look at you while we cuddle so is it ok if we switch sides"

"Of course babe" I said as I slowly helped her sit up, switched our pillows, gently scooted her over to my side, and climbed into bed on her side before pulling her close to me, which was a bit difficult due to her bump being in the way.

"I guess I can't look at you while cuddling" I heard my wife quietly say while crying.

"Y/N darling, we can make this work, I actually have an idea, I'm gonna let you lay on me."

"Niall, I weigh more than usual, and I don't wanna crush you."

"I'm stronger than you think babe, trust me on this"

"Ok" Y/N sighed and tried scooting towards me but was struggling, so I gently scooted closer to her and gently helped her lay on me in a way that we were both comfortable in and we were both laying down at a slightly sitting up angle so if Y/N feels tired again she can fall asleep again without having to move positions.

"You comfortable enough babe" I asked my wife as I was rubbing her back.

"Yeah, thanks Ni, honestly I really need you until I go into labor" Y/N told me through tears.

"Darling, my management is giving me a couple months off of work so I can spend time with you and help you through the birth of our baby. And they're also giving me time to spend with you and our baby so we both can bond with her and take care of her, also so you can have time to recover and not have all the parenting stress on you during your recovery" I said as I kissed her head.

Y/N then showed me a small nod while crying. She then slightly fidgeted and put a hand on her bump.

"You okay babe"

"Harper's kicking up a storm and it's making me feel uncomfortable and in slight pain, she kept me up most of last night cos she was moving around so much"

I gently put my hand on Y/N's bump and started rubbing Harper to try to get her to calm down so Y/N could relax easier.

"Harper sweet girl, it's time to settle down so mummy can sleep. She needs her rest. We both can give you attention when mummy feels well rested, so how about daddy sings to you to help you calm down" I said while rubbing Harper.

"Please just do anything to calm her down Niall" Y/N told me with a very tired voice. When I looked at her face, I could tell how much she really needs sleep.

I started singing You & I because that song means a lot to both me and Y/N and Harper.

Once I had finished the song, I heard Y/N mumble a "thank you Niall" before falling asleep.

I couldn't help but smile at my sleeping wife, knowing how strong she has been throughout her pregnancy. She has done incredible, and knowing that she's going to be giving birth very soon is going to make our love for each other stronger.

I gently pulled the covers over my sleeping wife, placed a gentle kiss on her head, and just laid there with her while rubbing her back cos I knew one thing she's craving is time with me, and I'm happy to give that to her while she's sleeping and when she wakes up too.