Labor Part 1

Y/N POV:

When we arrived at the hospital, we had to go in through the ER entrance cos it was the only entrance open cos it was the middle of the night. We told someone at the ER desk that I was in labor and they called the OB Department to let them know we were here.

An OB nurse came to take us to our birthing room which was ready for us. Niall set our bags down on the couch and quickly came over to my side. Two nurses helped me put on a hospital gown and I laid down in the bed. The doctor came in once I had laid down.

"Hello Y/N and Niall, how are you guys feeling?"

"Excited but a little nervous" I told the doctor.

"I'm beyond excited" Niall said.

"Ready to meet your little one"

"Ready as we'll ever be" I said as I looked at my husband.

"Alright I'm gonna check you real quick to see how dilated you are and how far in labor you are"

The doctor quickly checked me. "You're about 3cm dilated and you're almost in mid labor so you're progression is going smoothly so far. I'll be back to check on you again in about 1 hour. Do you have any questions?"

"When can I get my epidural?"

"When you reach about 5-6cm."

A nurse had put a doppler on my stomach to monitor our baby's heart rate and they put IV fluids in me to keep me hydrated.

Niall had already called our families to tell them that I'm in labor and they're all trying to catch the next flights to come see us. Niall also called the lads to let them know I'm in labor and they're on their way to the hospital.

"You okay babe"

"Yeah I'm just tired"

"Oh darling, do you wanna try and get some sleep"

"I'd love to but I'm just nervous about something happening"

"Y/N darling, I'm here, it's okay for you to sleep. I promise I'll wake you if something happens" Niall said as he kissed my forehead.

"Thanks Ni" I said as I closed my eyes.

The doctor came back in about an hour to check me again to see that I had progressed from 3cm to 5cm, so she let the anesthesiologist know that I'm ready for my epidural.

To be continued......