59

Y/N's POV

Lauren sighed, before putting down her to go box between her legs. "Listen." She reached for my hand again, but I pulled away. "..Uhm.. Everything that guy told you..Was a lie, okay?.. Don't believe anything he said. I don't know exactly what he told you but just know it's not true" I couldn't look her in the eyes. When I looked behind her, I saw one of the hoodies I bought for her on the chair behind her..behind.

"So you don't think I'm desperate?" I broke into a smile with sad eyes.

"Wha- He told you that?!" Her eyebrows furrowed. "Such a little wench"

"Why are you dating that guy?" I blurted out.

"Y/N, I literally just said don't believe anything he told you" She kinda smiled.

"Oh..Yeah, right.." I looked back up at the TV feeling empty mentally and emotionally.

"Y/N?..." I could see in the corner of my eye, Lauren lean forward. I didn't turn my head to look at her though cause that's awkward.

"Hm?" I hummed out.

".." There was a hesitant pause. "Are you-..Um.. Errrr.. There's not any good way to make this sound..." She closed her eyes then took a deep breath. "The doctor mentioned something to us and...He asked us if you were..depressed."

My eyes widened for a split second before I looked down. I wonder if she noticed the bandages on my wrist that had red stains bleeding through the bandages.

Lauren's POV

"Y/N?.." I reached for her hand one more time, incase she'd finally let me. When she pulled away, I looked down at her hand then followed up to her wrist. I squinted at the white cloth wrapped around it while I tilted my head, curiously. It was stained but the doctor didn't mention anything about her arm getting hurt.

My lips parted. "..Y/N, you didn't.." My eyes roamed up to hers which were avoiding me.

I held my breath, pulling my lips in. I could see the line of water starting to form in my vision.

"Why'd you-" I jolted in my seat when I heard the door open. When I glanced at the door, I saw Christina holding Y/N's backpack and duffel bag. She was shuffling around, putting my crush's stuff down beside her bed. Y/N seemed just as confused as I was at how Christina was scrambling around the room.

"Guys, I totally forgot! We have our performance tomorrow and we have to go over what songs we're gonna do and all that jazz since we were supposed to do it earlier" She meant that I wasn't cooperating earlier because I locked mysef inside my room. I nodded, not actually wanting to leave because I wanted to talk to Y/N about her wrist and what the doctor said but I know Y/N's gonna be unresponsive.

"See you Y/N" Dani waved to the girl behind me as she poked her head back into the room.

"SEE YOU LATER PILLY ON THE BEAT!" Lisa yelled from the hall, making Katherine start scolding her for disrupting the other people in the hospital. Gonna get us banned one day. Being the last two left in the room, Y/N and I, let out chuckles. It made me happy that she could laugh in her condition or situation. I sighed before starting to stand up to follow my other sisters out of the hospital room. As I got up, I felt a hand grip onto my fingers. I turned back to face Y/N and reveal her holding onto my hand for once today. My bottom lip lost contact with my top lip when I was processing Y/N finally giving me some of her attention.

"Goodluck tomorrow.." Slipped out of her lips. "...Creep." Y/N winked and broke into a smile.

The corners of my lips curled up into a grin without baring my teeth. "..I'll keep being that superstar for you Y/N." I tightened my grip on her hand. I turned my body back to her and leaned against the railing of her bed. Her eyes followed me as I leaned over the railing, lowering my face inches away from hers.