45

Y/N's POV

I couldn't help but stare at Lauren's features.

I wanted to reach up and caress her cheek but I couldn't, knowing the consequences. She glanced at my features at the same time but she finally realized how tense the situation was cause she started to lift herself up from off of me. Her hands were beside my face as she pushed up. Suddenly she was standing above me with one foot on each side of me.

"Sorry" Her hand suddenly extended out to me, offering help to get up. I accepted her hand after hesitating slightly. Lauren pulled me up.

"..Thanks" Lauren's hand unattached from mine and went into the front pocket of my hoodie after she helped me get up.

"Yeah..Ah- Don't mention it.." She forced the corner of her lips to curl up briefly into a fake smile. A few seconds of silence passed as Lauren sat down to put her shoes back on.

It was clear that neither of us were gonna talk so I just decided to go to the wooden stump that my snapback was on with our phones inside. I picked up the hat and pulled my phone out first, then hers. After stuffing my phone into my pocket, I handed Lauren hers.

"I made sure to take it out before doing anything" Basically mumbling that, it made Lauren have to really focus in on my words. Her lips slightly parted after my statement.

There was silence from the two of us. Lauren took a while to take the phone from my hand. We still didn't say anything after that, sadly.

Lauren's POV

She actually considered about everything. That's a first and as much as I wanted to kiss her before, I couldn't do it. I mean, I'm not totally positive but I think she likes me.

Incase she doesn't, I couldn't. That would jeopardize everything we had. Usually I would just cut her off because I know I don't have a chance, especially since she's a girl too but it felt impossible when she's not a guy and wouldn't understand why she's blocked.

Y/N's POV

"..Ah Sorry" My feet quickly led me back to where we entered into the hidden spot.

"Where you going?.." Lauren blurted.

"I don't know, somewhere" To be honest, I didn't know where but I didn't wanna bother her. I want anything but that genuinely.

She didn't say anything so I just decided to continue what I was originally going to do.

"Thank you" A soft comment was left by the girl. I stopped my tracks and turned back to her, unable to hear it. I raised my eyebrow at the girl, trying to ask huh. "For uh, not dunking me in the water and like..taking my phone out"

I broke into a smile. "You're welcome.." I waited for some kind of response but Lauren stood there, looking down and fiddling with her the phone in her hand. When I looked at her, I saw that she was blushing. It made her feel some kinda guilt and that made me smile that she feels bad for the way she was. It was cute. I extended my hand out to the angel.

Her head rose after her eyes spotted my hand. I continued holding my hand out to her. When she knew that I wasn't joking, she broke into a smile and accepted my hand. That's when our hands slipped into one anothers, intertwining.

I brought her back to the stream and sat down on the patch of grass. She turned her phone on and went onto snapchat. She snapped a pic of her shoes and she doesn't know I'll see it but of course I will. I noticed that she was wearing black high top converse and on her screen she put the weather filter, showing the temperature