6

Y/N's POV

Lauren didn't notice herself being shown but Dani turned back and snapped her fingers at Lauren. The girl with the pretty brown eyes looked up at the camera, soon realizing she's being exposed. She ducked down while covering her face.

"Wha- Dani! Who is that?"

"It's your girlfriend" Lauren glared at the back of Dani's head. Dani winked at me through the camera. Suddenly my cheeks were red. "AWH SUGAR, YOUR GIRL IS BLUSHING" That was when everything on her end started shaking.

"Dani, what's going on?" I questioned as I tried to focus on the screen.

"The rat started chasing me" Laughter filled their end of the call.

"Stop calling me a rat, Dan" Lauren's voice changed into a more depressed tone. Out of nowhere, the screen stopped shaking and Dani wasn't showing Lauren anymore.

"Is she okay?" Concern overcame my thoughts.

"Um, yeah she should be. But she walked into her room" The girl with green eyes walked upstairs and I heard a light knock in the background. "Sugar?"

"Are you gonna talk to her?- Should I go?" Listening in, I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. She turned around and made her way back down the stairs.

"Can you talk to her for me?" She whispered.

"What?! Me? I don't even know her" Consideration went into her request because seeing that angel upset breaks my heart.

"Yeah but she was smiling the whole time she was texting you. Even when she missed a pocket in 8Ball" A smile snuck up on my face, leading me to nod at her suggestion. "Please just call her? I know it hasn't even been a whole day but for some reason I feel like I can trust you"

"..Okay- okay! I'll do it" Dani started bouncing foot to foot

"Thank you so much! I owe you one!"

"What do you want me to-" She started talking over me

"Bye!-" She ended the call, leaving me hanging

I sighed while shaking my head, leading me to letting out a laugh. I exited Dani and I's chat and went to Lauren and I's messages. Then it hit me. They're real. It's no joke. THEY WERE CIMORELLI, LIKE NO TROLLING. And I'm about to try and help the person I love the most in this world. Lauren Cimorelli.

"Oh okay wow, I'm nervous now..heh- oh geez"
I fumbled with my thumbs, unsure of what to do. "Here goes nothing" I pressed the call icon on Lauren's contact info.

Ringing..
Ringing..

Suddenly the ringing screen fades away as my dream girl pops up on my screen. She looked confused but not really as upset as I thought.

"Y/N?" She squinted at the screen. Her voice was angelic as ever. I couldn't help but smile myself. Besides it's impossible not to smile when in the presence of this girl.

"Lauren?" I mocked her, trying to make her join my grinning session

"How dare you?" A grin crept up on her lips.

"I dared" I winked at her. I positioned the camera to where she couldn't see me staring at her. It was clear that she got flustered. It made me even more happy.

"How come you're calling anyway?" She turned to do something out of frame, but I could see her cheeks were risen. She's still smiling.

"Can I not call a stranger I met a few hours ago?" Lauren turned to the camera and raised a single eyebrow while making a questionable look.

"So you're saying it's normal for strangers to be facetiming the first day they meet?" She leaned her phone up against something.

"Totally- I'm kidding, Don't do that" I watched as the phone slowly slid from whatever it was leaning on

"I guess I have to hang up" She picked up her phone and laid down in her bed.

"That's not what I meannn" I whined as I saw her reach for the end call button.

"I'm kidding" She put her other hand down and laid it on her forehead. "But really what'd you call for?"

"Well..I wanted to check up on you" Her expression seem puzzled

"What- why?" She slightly frowned.

"You seemed upset when Dani was messing with you" Her face changed from frowning to her lips forming into an "o" shape from realization.

"Ohh that? I'm used to that" Lauren brushed it off her shoulders. "I just wanted to be petty at the moment" Giggles escaped her mouth.

"Are you sure?" Her eyes answered something. She was surprised that I asked about her feelings. She nodded slowly at my question.

"Well, if you ever need to talk and stuff I'm here. I-..I know it's hard to trust a stranger but I'm being honest. Even though I am a stranger, I may be one of the most honest and loyal people you could meet- And I know I don't have much to back this up but I can offer what I can if it makes you feel better" Stuttering ran throughout my offer to Lauren. She was covering her smile that's connecting her rosy cheeks, with her hand. I noticed her crooked fingers, and instantly admired their being. She didn't know what to say. From downstairs I could hear my mom yell for me, saving Lauren from having to respond.

"Y/N!?" Shouts came into my room from my mother. Wrong timing, I'm talking to my idol.