49

Lauren's POV

I stood up and my sisters copied my actions, ready to help out in any way.

"Okay, Dani you go get dad. Lisa talk to Y/N- See if she's shaken up, I'll go find mom and ask if Y/N can stay" I looked at my other sisters for approval and they nodded to each other with a determined attitude. "Okay, good. Let's go!"

We went our separate ways. Lisa and Dani still together while I first went to the kitchen, assuming mom would be in there cause they just went grocery shopping. When I popped my head in through the doorway, I spotted my mom taking the groceries out of the bags and onto the counter. I tried to keep my cool, and casually walked up to the counter stool.

"Hey mom" I crossed my arms over the top of the counter. My mom didn't have to look at me to respond. She could tell from my voice.

"Hey honey." My mom opened up the fridge and put a cartoon of milk in there then closed it

"Is it okay if my friend crashes here for awhile?" When she was still pulling stuff out of the bag, I glanced up at the ceiling trying to think of what could be going on upstairs.

"Depends, who is it and how long?" My mom opened the freezer side and put a pint of Ben and Jerry's in there, probably for Lisa cause when she comes over the first thing she does is go for the freezer in search of ice cream.

"Y/N. She doesn't know how long she's gonna stay though." My mom glanced at me.

"Y/N?..You never mentioned a Y/N before." My mom became suspicious of me.

"She's visiting from California for a bit" Oh my lord, thank god we used to live in California.

"Oh? You met her years ago then?" My mom dropped her suspicion and actually believed it.

I felt guilty lying to my mom. I got quiet and started fiddling with my thumbs.

"..Lauren?.." She stopped what she was doing to examine my behavior. "Spill. What's going on here?" She sat beside me on the other stool.

"..I met her like half a year ago." I couldn't look into my mom's eyes so I stared ahead.

"Half a year ago?-" My mom kinda sat straight up in the stool, with a confused look. "How?"

"..We met online-" My mom's facial expression was blankly, shocked somehow.

"Online?!- Wha- No! Of course she can't stay Lauren!" My mom had cut me off with a statement I sure didn't wish to hear.

"But mom!-" I tried arguing back to mention that she's already here and in the house.

"No- I'm sorry honey, but don't know who she is-" I interrupted my mom to tell her.

"Mom, she's-" My mom lifted her hand like a foot away from my face to say stop talking.

"..Does she know?" My mom's tone was calmer now. I took a second to comprehend what she said then I began shaking my head, no. "Are you positive?" I nodded my head this time.

"Listen I would let her stay, but what about your father?" Her hand reached for a rag on the counter as she got off the stool. "You have to ask him first." Her fist attached to her hip.

"..Fine.. But what's your answer?" I think disappointment was shown in my eyes cause my mom sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"As of right now, she can stay but you ask your dad first then we can talk." My mom started wiping the top of the counters. I nodded and got up to leave the room but my steps turned into a halt. My mom noticed, I could feel her eyes on the back of my head. My body turned.