68

Y/N's POV

"Okay, so we have my bandana" I said, tying it to the side of my pants, where the belt loops are on my hip. After tying the bandana around the loop, I turned to Lisa to see her smiling at me. "Hey, Lisa? Are you okay?" I asked.

Lisa looked like she wanted to break into tears or something because she covered the bottom half of her face in attempt to disguise her grin.

"I just feel like you're my child and I'm finally sending you out to explore the world" Lisa said muffled through her sleeves.

"Oh, did you kidnap me or since birth I was kept inside?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips as I passed my duffle bag to Lisa.

"Both." Lisa matter of factly stated as she grabbed the bag from my hand, allowing me to put on my backpack before getting my crutches. Laughter was created between the two of us like music that kills the eardrums.

"Anyways" Transitioning from one topic to another. "You said Dani's gonna be here soon right?-" I cut myself off, forgetting my bandages on my arm but at the sight of them I froze. Lisa opened up the door to the room for me, nodding while swinging around my bag.

"That's what she said, yeah" Lisa stood there waiting for me to leave with her but realized she's been standing there for quite awhile. She walked away from the door, letting it close by itself. "Y/N?... Are you okay?" She asked.

I stared at the white bandage wrap around my wrist. "Lisa- I can't wear a short sleeve."

Lisa looked at my arms, quickly spotting the problem. The only other person in the room aside from me, approached me. She put down my bag on the chairs by the door beforehand.

"Y/N, I respect that you would want to cover
up your arms and wounds but... You know you don't have to right?" Lisa's hands were on my shoulders, a tight, comforting grip on them.

"I..." I thought I had some kind of objection but nothing came out. "I made a mistake that I shouldn't have." I blurted out after my jaw clenched from trying not to cry because for me, there was no reason. Except being weak.

"Y/N... You couldn't help what you did and although it's dangerous, don't blame yourself for what happened" Lisa's hand cupped my cheek, in a sisterly way of support.

"Lisa-" My voice broke as I looked down at the floor. "I was the one with the blade- It was in my hands, Liss- What if people stare at me because of it?-" My eyes shut in regret.

"Y/N." Lisa said firmly, holding my head up straight so that I met her eyes. "Hey.." She switched to a soft tone. "It may have been in your hands but none of it was in your control. Now, don't think that I'm telling you that it's safe to do it again. You can't be doing this to yourself or things could get a lot worse, okay?" Lisa squeezed my shoulders to try to get through to me. "You mean everything, you're important and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm not gonna lie, I saw your letter to Lauren and well.. imagine that she gave that to you-." Lisa noticed my uneven breathing and sniffling, which made her pause to pat my shoulder. "Don't think for a second that you're worth this little." Lisa mentioned glancing down at my bandages then back up at me.

There was silence as Lisa and I just shared our gazes with one another, a time of immense emotions. The time we spent with our eyes locked felt so much longer than it really was. In reality it was only a few seconds but it was an experience I would always remember.

I broke into a flustered smile, looking at the ground mostly because I felt like an idiot but because I was also grateful to have someone  respresent an older sibling figure for me.

"Thank you Lisa" Was all I could get out.

Lisa was returning my grin to reassure me the whole time and continued to do it after my statement but added in a nodding action.