31

Lauren's POV

My phone vibrated beside my keyboard, as I was writing a song. I glanced at the screen, hoping it was Y/N but I checked the Contact Name of the text and shrugged when it wasn't her. Focusing my attention back to my keyboard, my phone buzzed one more time. I groaned, before taking my hands off the keys and picking up my phone from the table

Kevin Pierce
Hey Lauren, its Kevin.

Kevin Pierce
I don't know if u remember me but, I was in u and ur sisters music video. I was the soccer guy in I Like It? Anyways was wondering if u wanted to try soccer for real..Sometime this weekend?

Hmmm...I checked the date on my phone. It's Tuesday- Oh shoot my Tuesday Q&A! I'll do that pretty soon but hmm..I'm pretty sure I don't have plans..I don't really wanna go, but he did agree to do the music video for us..

I unlocked my phone, going to my Imessages.
The first name I saw on my recently messaged list was Y/N. My thumb immediately went to press our chat but I hesitated. I dropped my phone for a second and sighed, before cupping my face into my hands. Y/N probably won't text me anymore if she hasn't by now. I'm lowkey, kind of worried. She might be introuble but I would have no idea and can't help her. I asked her if she was okay but she still hasn't answered. I shook my head, brushing off the thoughts and went onto my chat with Kevin.

You: Oh, hey! I remember you haha, thanks for being in our video by the way. I know I said it already but it was a huge deal.
You: I don't think I have anything to do on..Friday maybe? I'll text you when the weekend comes by?

I put my phone down after turning it off but my phone almost immediately buzzed right away. I lifted it up to read on the screen, his message.

Kevin Pierce
Sweet

I read the message but decided not to reply. It was unnecessary to be honest. I didn't even really care for anything to do with him but I know he's pretty chill so why not.

Y/N's POV

"When did you want to go to Nashville?" My mom asked at the bottom of the stairs.

"Can I go this weekend?" I leaned against the railing. My mom stayed silent while looking at me which usually meant she's thinking.

"If you can find a way to go and where to stay then I guess, but I'm not paying for anything. You have to use your own money if you want to go" My mom nodded before walking away.

My eyes followed her as she left then I turned to walk back into my room. I closed my door then my eyes roamed around the room but stopped bookshelf. I got on my tippy toes to search the top shelf for spare cash. Nothing, I don't remember putting anything there anyways so I went towards my desk. I rushed over and searched the top of the desk for cash that I've been saving. I pushed things on it around to find any sort of cash that I could use on the trip. I opened up the drawers beside my desk, rummaging through anything but after I couldn't find anything I shut them.

"Where the heck did I put that crap?" I pulled my desk chair out from underneath the table, and bent down to look underneath my desk. I tried to crawl over to see behind my desk to see if anything fell between the cracks but nothing. I backed away to get back up but ended up hitting my head on the edge of the table

"Ow!- ARGHHH" My hand impulsively reached for the back of my head as I groaned.
My eyes darted up at the "weapon" and that's when I saw something taped to the bottom of my desk top. My lips parted as they began to slightly curl. I reached up to the bottom of the table, to pull the tape off. I ripped the tape off from off my table then sat down cross legged, as I checked what was still sticking to the tape.

My money that I've been saving most of my life. Unattaching the cash from the tape, I dropped the tape onto the floor and started counting how much I have. My dad gave me a dollar a day on the days that he worked ever since I could remember. Whenever I got a specific amount of money, I exchanged my ones with my dad for a single bill. Basically he took my change for me, or sometimes my mom. Once again I attempted to crawl backwards but properly this time and I stood up after checking to make sure I was completely out from underneath the table.

I skipped to my bed and on the last step I jumped onto a free space on my bed. Laying on my side, I held myself up with my elbow and pulled my laptop close enough to where I could type. On the screen, I looked at some of the cheapest flight options and saw one that said 134 for the way over. I looked at the cash in my free hand. After counting the money, it came out to way more than enough. I'll only need like 200 for the flight over there and probably that going back. I'll have plenty of cash left over so I can pay for stuff while being there

I went to book a one way trip since I wasn't sure how long I was staying but before I did I made sure my mom was aware of this.

I booked the flight. I'm going to Nashville.