77

Y/N's POV

Did I just ask Lauren Cimorelli to be my girlfriend? Like; one of the YouTubers that I search for every Saturday morning? Maybe.

Will she say yes? I hope so.

"Wait seriously?" The singer's eyebrows rose, seeming to back away to see my whole face

In my throat, a knot formed. Any remaining saliva in my mouth dried. Without using my brain, I looked down at my lap. It was like I looked away against my will because no matter how much I wanted to face Lauren, I couldn't.

Hearing a sigh come from the girl made me glance up to see her looking up at the sky. "Are you sure you want to be with me?" Lauren sadly, chuckled to herself then ran her fingers through her hair but when she looked back up, her eyes reflected embarrassment in them.

"Why wouldn't I?" Somehow I was quick to get defensive because she was everything anyone could want. It was ironic how fast I challenged her when just before I couldn't even speak.

Lauren's facial expression went straight just before she looked up at me. We stared at one another, her face blank while mine was painted red. Because of how intense it started to feel, I backed down from our staring contest.

"I want to be your girlfriend," Lauren admitted.

"Oh gosh, I rushed this- I should have thought this through more- Or waited- Wait you said you liked me before, right?-" In realization of what she said, my eyes shot open, a wide space between my top and bottom lip. "Wait, what?!- Really?- Just like that?!-" There was a smile on the bottom half of her face, probably from how I was rambling. Lauren bit her bottom lip as she tilted her head then nodded it.

Lauren cut me off, scooting closer to me and grabbing my arm. "I think you know deep down in your soul that I've been wanting this..." With no other words in mind, she wrapped my arm around her shoulder and let her head lean against the crook of my neck then closed her eyes, releasing a quiet laugh.

I sat there dumbfounded. Did that really just happen? "Wait what-" I mumbled to myself.

"Hm?" Lauren hummed without opening her eyes. I blinked 4 more times with my mouth hung open from barely processing this trip.

The previous question I'd been thinking of completely left my mind. "Am I dreaming?" I muttered to myself, but I guess not quiet enough because Lauren started laughing.

"Y/N. You're not dreaming." Lauren squeezed my hand. "See, do you feel this?" The older girl teased. "Or do you need me to pinch you?"

I covered my face with my free hand as I kind of giggled to myself, feeling flustered. When I took a minute to accept what I think is reality.

Against my collarbone, I felt Lauren's cheek rise, giving me the impression that she was smiling. "You think your sisters finally left?"

"You know, as weird and crazy as they are, especially those two" Referring to Lisa and Dani, Lauren rubbed her fingers against her chin. "Oddly enough, I think they actually did"

"So you believe they're not spying?" I looked down at her and she pulled her head away from my neck and looked me in the eyes.

She frowned to herself before huffing. "A part of me wants to think they're here because I can't lie, they're pretty funny" The Italian girl  ruffled her hair. "But at the same time, I think they knew how much this meant to me."

Heat roamed into my cheeks from her words. I chuckled to myself after trying to come up with something go say. "Like, they figured that out before or after you threatened them?"