Prologue

Y/N's POV

I was laying in bed listening to Cimorelli's songs that I bought awhile ago. I aspire to be a content creator as well. I love singing as well but I'm nowhere near as capable as the beautiful girls of Cimorelli.

I closed my eyes and broke into a smile as Lauren's highnote on "You Say" was produced into my headphones.

"Y/N!" A shout echoed into my room as my bedroom door popped open, causing me to jolt up in my bed as my eyes bolted open. I ripped my earbuds off since my music was interrupted and shifted my vision to the door. My mom was standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips. Not a good sign.

"You scared me!" I lifted my hand to my chest as I tried to catch my breath. My mom started bursting out into laughter due to her love of scaring me. "What do you wantttt?"

"You need to get up" She put her hand on my door knob as she leaned against the door frame.

"Why?" I let out a sigh and laid back down. Footsteps came rushing to my bed.

"Aye! Get up!" My mom laughed and smacked my thigh. I flinched before she hit me. This is a thing we always did. My relationship with my mom is important to me. I cherish it more than anything...For the most part. My mother doesn't understand that things work both ways whether she's my mother or not. I've made it clear that respect is not earned based on age. That's unfair to the noble youth that's out there. Yes, the younger generations can make mistakes at times and be reckless however how many kids do you see go to jail over adults. It's something that cannot be determined on age. Other than that, I love her. Wellllll.. One more thing is I can't be open with her.. A little secret she knows that my dad doesn't is..Well..She thinks I'm bisexual if she doesn't think I'm still confused. But I don't remember the last time I genuinely liked a guy. But my dad doesn't know because he's homophobic. My mom, let's say she's not except when it comes to her own flesh and blood. Let's just end it at me not being able to be open with anyone..Except my online friends.

"Ow! Ma!" I grinned as I screamed in fake pain.

"You need to get out of the house" The woman I call my mom stood beside my bed. I groaned. "Y/N. You are 19. You need to get up, don't be lazy"

"Nooooo" I whined, knowing I'll eventually get up. I just don't want to when someone tells me to. My mom shook her head and left my room.

I facepalmed as I put my earbuds back in. I logged into my fan account which I recently started. I had one in the past for past idols that had 6K but finally became inactive besides using it for dms. I didn't really care for them anymore but seeing Cimorelli, for some reason made me want to restart. So I made a cimorelli one. I told my online bestfriend of 3 years, my new account so that she could stop texting the other one.

Her name was Y/IBF/N
(Your Internet Best Friend's Name)

She's a year younger than me, which she lied about when we first met. She said we were the same age but after about a year into the friendship she told me her true age. I decided to dm her, due to boredom but also my antisocial self.

Dm; Y/IBF/N

You: HEYYY
IBF: HAIII
You: WYD
IBF: Nothing wby
You: Same
You: We're boring
IBF: Ik
You: Well
You: You wanna play 8ball
IBF: sure
You: Pass me your number sucka
IBF: I-
You: I said it
IBF: -.-
You: Your number pleaseee💀😂
IBF: (012)-345-6789

Disclaimer: IF YOU CAN'T TELL, FAKE NUMBER. DO NOT TEXT OR CALL IT LMAOOOO IM SORRY YALL💗

I switched from Instagram to Imessage and texted the number by copying and pasting it, without making the contact yet. I immediately sent an 8ball game without any hesitiation. After a couple minutes I saw the typing bubble pop up but an instagram notification popped up on my screen first.

"(Fan Account) IBF: aye why aren't you texting me"
I pulled the notification down to reply
"Wdym you're typin-"
I was interrupted by another notification from my bestfriend
"(Fan Account) IBF: Oh shoot, I messed up the area code"

My eyes widened as the realization of me texting a random number hit. It was too late. They replied.