74

Lauren's POV

Honestly, it kind of put me off that Y/N would bring me here. I'm not sure how there could be any twisted intentions but of all places to bring me, she brings me, a singer, to place to sing.

Interesting.

Although I was a bit sus, I went along with it.

The interior of the karaoke place bright on one side and dim on the other, the halves being separated by a hall where you could rent out your own private karaoke rooms or go towards the back where it was one little stage where people can take turns and watch each other for free. It made me a little apprehensive to even think of going to the back with Y/N since I don't like drawing attention to myself much.

My million spinning thoughts in my head and my roaming eyes halted, when Y/N waved her hand in front of my face. "Yoo hooo" Is what I realized I must have missed before when I was zoned out. "Earth to Lauren?" Y/N had been smiling when my eyes planted on her face.

"Huh- Oh, sorry- what?" I shook my head with my eyes closed before I once again locked eyes with her. "I got lost in the environment"

"It's okay" She let out a happy sigh, turning her face away from me and absorbing the atmosphere. "What do you think of the place?"

"It's very.. balanced?" I quirked my eyebrow at my response. "Like it's good for anyone?"

"Yeah, I think so too" Y/N nodded without looking at me. "You wanna go watch people perform in the back?" She pointed with her chin towards the back of the building.

My head tilted to the side as I shrugged but it didn't take long before I nodded. Y/N appeared evidently, excited from my response because somehow she bounced on her feet, landing with ease with the help of her crutches.

The small action made my heart skip a beat when I didn't expect it to but I really should have with how I knew I felt about this girl. Looking down at the ground, my gaze brushed past my thumbs which rolled over each other.

It was then, as I followed the girl who was making her way to the back, using the only path we'd seen available, I felt myself unable to think about anything else but her. Landing back on the ground, my eyes closed for a second, just to breathe in this moment until I could feel a pair of eyes piercing through me.

Locking eyes with the the very girl consuming all of the space in my head, blood rushed to my cheeks. Immediately, I removed my gaze from hers placing it back down to my shoes.

When I looked back up, Y/N was still staring into my eyes but her head was now tilted with a soft but tight lipped slime. Sparkles reflected  off of her eyes although the dim light had casted shadows on her face. "You coming?"

The staring contest between the both of us only stopped after I gestured a nod to her, down to do honestly whatever she wanted.

Y/N nodded back to me, content across her face as she turned back around. Another second or two passed by before I finally let out a sigh of satisfaction, my fingers running though the front strands of my hair.

The CimFam member looked from the left to the right, observing her surroundings. When I finally reached the point of standing beside her, it was my turn to take a look. The atmosphere was calm in the dimly lit room.

The environment was filled with people who were around our age or older, none younger.

There was a man on stage, singing in Spanish- or..well...trying to sing in Spanish with his eyes directed to a specific girl in the crowd. She appeared maybe hispanic but I don't want to assume but either way, seemed also uncomfortable. On the other hand of looking uncomfortable, the guy somehow still managed get the woman's full attention of the pitchy performance but I'm not sure it was good to have her attention because she didn't look to thrilled to have this happening but the man seemed oblivious to her reaction.