30

Y/N's POV

Silence filled both ends of the calls.

"Y/N?..." Lisa began smiling

"...Hm?" I looked down as i started playing with my fingers pretending to be clueless.

"I HAVE TO TELL LAUR-" Lisa left the frame aa she rushed to get through the doorway

"NO LISA DON'T!" I didn't want to get their hopes up. Lisa slowly came back into frame.

"Oh my gosh Y/N! You're actually?!-We couldn't ask you to do that!- If anything we'd go over to California. You know how much fun that would be! Like you, Lauren and I! We could hang out and like Dani and I can set up a secret date for you guys! It would be so cute!-" She rambled but I interrupted her before she got carried away.

"Wha- No! I'm broke!!" I giggled to Lisa. A frown appeared on her face. "What?"

"That's not.. it?" She looked dead inside.

"Yeah, that's not it-" My face suddenly scrunched up into a questionable look
because I just realized something huge.
"What did you say?" I looked at Lisa on my screen and the girl along with me went silent.

"Huh?..What are you talking about?" She stared, almost as clueless as me right now

"Did you say you'd plan a secret date for us?" I raised my eyebrows with a subtle smile creeping onto my lips. Lisa's eyes widened. The girl went completely silent. "Lisaaaa" I smirked

"...I don't..know what you're talking about" She scratched the back of her neck, while not looking me in the eyes but she glanced once.

"Lisaaaaaa...." Making me repeat myself, I giggled and frowned at the same time cause I wanted to know what Lisa was talking about.

"..Fineeee..." Her arms dropped as she looked at me. "Dani and I were gonna secretly plan a date for you two cause..you know... Y/S/N.. heh" She nervously chuckled to herself.

"Oh my- Lisa!" I cracked up as I facepalmed. The other girl's shoulders rose up as she thought I assigned blame on her. "Are you serious?" I smiled with curiosity.

"To be honest, I don't know. Dani wants to do that and wants my help so you know-" Lisa's head darted away as we both heard footsteps rushing back on her end of the call.

"Oh my lord, Lisa! Why do you keep calling meeee! Stop that!!" Lauren said with each hand on both sides of the doorframe. Lisa's head turned back to me then to Lauren and back at me again. I shook my head to her.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again rat" Lisa nodded to her sister. Lauren rolled her eyes as she slowly left but not in the same playful way or manner as usual. I waited for her to completely be gone before I frowned to Lisa.

"Is she okay?" Lisa didn't make any gestures.

"I don't know, she's probably upset that you haven't texted her and adding onto that, I'm bothering her too so" She chuckled as she ate a grape. "Anyways, you're actually not coming?"

"Hmm-" Lisa interrupted me

"Oh shoot!" Suddenly I saw Lisa drop her grapes conntected to the stem out of the bottom of the frame as she rushed to reach something beside her phone. "My pasta and chicken! I left them there too long- UGHH, I HAVE TO CLEAN UP THIS WHOLE THING"

"Are you still gonna eat it?-" The girl glared as she cut me off, and wiped the top of her stove

"Of course I am." Her eyes went back towards the stove as she dried the water. I guess it overflowed from boiling too long. "Uhh Y/N, I gotta go, I have to clean this up then eat alright?" A thumbs up formed on one of my hands along with a smile as I nodded to her.

"Okay! See you later Liss!" I waved to her.

"See you hon!" She didn't wave back cause her hands were wet and the water would drip.

I ended our call for the girl and turned my phone off. With my laptop on my lap, I dropped my phone beside me, onto my bed
and leaned back against the wall, letting the back of my head rest against it. As I tapped my fingers on the space around the touchpad of my laptop, my vision rested on the line that my wall ends at and where the ceiling starts at. Thinking about Lauren was irresistible. After my eyes shifted up at the ceiling, I sat straight up again and my eyes darted to my laptop screen. I reached for my keyboard and began typing on the search bar of a new tab.

"Don't worry Lauren..We'll text soon-"

"Y/N!" A shout from my mom came from downstairs, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah!?" My vision focused on my bedroom door after shouting to my mom, since I expected her to just burst into my room.

"Come here!" One last shout came out of either of us, making me get up from my bed. I lifted my laptop up from legs and put it down on my bed before I ran to my bedroom door then opened it. Making it to the staircase, I saw my mom standing at the bottom with one elbow on the end of the railing. I raised my eyebrows, gesturing to ask what she wants.

"When did you want to go to Nashville?"