44

Y/N's POV

"Here, wanna give me a leg up?" Her hands gripped onto the fence even though she was facing me. Giving in, I cringed cause I was nervous. I leaned over, interlacing my fingers. Lauren's right foot stepped onto my hands and used my hand for support to lift up her left up.

When her right foot was lifted off my hand, I dusted my hands off then stood to examine her technique on jumping the fence. She held onto the top of the fence, and lifted her leg to switch over to the other side of the metal fence.

I watched as Lauren hopped off the opposite end of the fence. Lauren dusted her hands off.

"Are we gonna get in trouble?" I asked before I started climbing. She laughed at my question.

"Wha- Nooo! If there's an entrance it means its available to the public right?" She pointed backwards with her thumb. "Then it should be okay if we take a little short cut right?" My hands latched to the fence as I began climbing.

"You're bailing me out of jail if we get into any trouble" I said as I flipped to the other side.

"Alright, deal" Her smile was heard in her voice

I looked down to see how my foot was and I realized the jump wasn't that far down. I let go of the fence and landed flat on my feet. When turning around I saw that Lauren was ready to catch me if I fell. It made me blush and when she noticed that my cheeks were rosy, hers changed as well too.

"Here, follow me" In my hand, I felt her fingers interlace with mine and it didn't help my flustered self at all except make them darker.

Lauren dragged me through the forest for I don't even know how long at this point.

"My feet hurt" I whined, still being pulled.

"We're really close" Lauren mumbled.

"What's your version of really close" I closed my eyes and tilted my head back, tired as well as lazy. Lauren lifted up her free hand and started pushing through some branches along with leaves, plenty of brush.

"..Here" She exclaimed that's her version of close and reveal to me behind the brush, beautiful scenery. It honestly made me speechless. I took a few steps forward and Lauren stayed behind watching my actions.

My eyes scanned the environment around me, and soon I spotted a small little tree house.

"How did you find this place?" Lauren started walking up towards me, slowly

"How did you find this place?" Lauren started walking up towards me, slowly. She rested her hand on my shoulder while standing beside me

"I took a morning jog one day when I was stressed a few years ago and I got lost on the trail. I stumbled upon this lil abandoned tree house and I guess..It made me sad seeing it empty and uhh..lifeless in a way.." She removed her hand from my shoulder and started walking up to the structure. "After that I tried to well..Remodel in a sense, of just refurnishing. Later I used to come here all the time but I stopped a little before we first started texting. I haven't come back till now."