Forty Two

I looked down. A few weeks passed everything was normal except one thing. My health. I had been throwing up for the past three weeks every morning. I've tried to hide it from Peter but it never went well. Finally I decided to go to the doctors. I didn't tell Peter. I didn't want him to worry so I left early morning to head to urgent care that I always used to go to.

I checked in and looked down extremely nervous. What if Peter was right and it was my head.

I clenched my jaw together as I fought the urge to hurl.

"Izzy Peirson," a nurse called out.

I stood, my jaw still clenched shut.

"Hello Izzy how are you doing today?" She asked.

I pushed her out of the way moving to the trashcan behind her throwing up.

"Oh my," she said looking down.

"Sorry. I've been sick," I said.

"No it's alright," she said leading me to an examination room. She didn't bother asking for my weight.

"What brings you in today. Or do I even have to ask?" She said.

"I've been throwing up every day for three weeks I just feel so sick," I looked down. "So... off,"

She nodded typing it down. "Any pain?" She asked.

"Just in my lower stomach," I signed.

"When was your last period," she asked.

"My last period?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

Oh my god. I'm late. I've been too stupid to realize I'm three weeks late. "Uhh," I paused not able to correctly form words.

"Hun?" She asked.

"Seven or Eight weeks ago I think," I whispered.

"Is there any possibility you could be pregnant?" She asked.

"I-I don't know," I whispered.

She nodded sighing "the doctor will he in soon," she is.

My head was spinning. Oh my god what if I was pregnant?! No no. It can't be. He used protection. Right? Shit I can't remember. God, I think I might be pregnant.

Tears burned in my eyes as there was a knock at the door. "Hello I'm Melanie It's nice to meet you," she said.

I nodded. I wasn't able to speak.

"Oh Im so sorry... I forgot I read..."

"No I can hear," I whispered. "I just I think I know whats wrong."

"Yes?"

"I think I'm pregnant," I whispered. "I don't know. I didn't even realize until she asked. But I'm three weeks late. Could I be pregnant?" I asked.

"Well, have you been sexually active?" She asked.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Have you been using any protection?" She asked.

"So here's the thing. I can't remember. I don't know if we did or if we didn't," I whispered.

"Well I will order a stat pregnancy test. When you get done I want you to come back to the waiting room and press the call button. Someone will bring you back to a room when I have the results. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get the results back darling," she said taking my hand.

I nodded. "Go to the lab and they will give you instructions there," she said.

I looked down standing to leave. I walked down the hallway slowly to the lab. I picked a number.

Could I really be pregnant?

I looked downs standing as I heard my number walking to the desk.

"Hello..." I said.

"How can I help you?" The male asked with a sigh.

"I have labs," I sighed.

"Whats your record number?" He asked

"2908-23-12" I sighed.

"Alright Izzy, a pregnancy test, clean the area off and then fill the cup to this line at least and drop it off. Head back to door area number 3 and then wait till you doctor calls you back," he said.

I nodded and looked down anxiously taking the cup going to the bathroom following the instructions he gave me.

I looked down nervously as put the cup in a bin with other cups.

I slowly walked over back to door area number three and closed my eyes. My head still rushing.

I don't know how long it had been. I didn't keep track. "Izzy," A female said standing right infront of me.

I jumped completely.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. The results are back," she said. "Come with me," she said.

I nodded. My heart pounding. I sat down on the examination table hiding my head in my hands.

The doctor came in. "Hello Izzy," she said sitting infront of me.

"H-hi," I said shyly uncovering my face.

"I have the results of your pregnancy test," ahe said taking my hand gently.

"I'm pregnant aren't I?" I whispered.

"Yes," she said.

Tears surfaced immediately. I'm scared. Terrified. What am I going to do. How am I going to tell Peter. The rest of our group.

"Its going to be okay," she said and sighs.

"What am I going to do?" I asked.

"Well there's multiple options if you don't want to keep the baby," she said.

"No no, I don't want that. I just. I'm scared. Im only 18, I don't know what to do," I told her terrified.

"I will send a referral to the OBGYN and they will contact you. They will be by your side the whole pregnancy," she said.

"I'm scared," I told her tears in my eyes.

"I know, I know," she said hugging me gently. "It's going to be okay I promise," she said looking at me.

I nodded wiping my eyes.

"Come in anytime if you have any concerns about the baby's health. The OBGYN will call you in a few days. Can I do anything else for you honey?" She asked.

"N-no," I whispered just in shock.

"Alright the nurse will be in here with your aftercare summary in a minute. You have a good day," she said with a sigh. "It'll be okay Izzy I promise," she said then left.

The nurse came in with a few papers. "Here's the aftercare summary. You have a wonderful day," she said.

"Y-you too," I whispered.