Fourteen

Two weeks later I was released from the hospital. On the third day they put a pink cast on. I still didn't know much about my life. My name is Izzy Peirson. I am 18 years old. My mother died recently. Alec is my best friend. Caius is my boyfriend. I was deaf at one point of my life. I was in a coma for 18 months. When I woke up I could hear.

I got out of the car staying by Caius's side.

"So this is a school?" I asked.

"No dear," Caius said.

"Then why? Why did you tell the doctor that it was a school?" he asked.

"I had to or they would have gotten the police involved and that would've been bad," Caius sighs.

"Why? I mean don't you want to know who hurt me?" I asked not understanding.

"Yes, and we will find whoever did it. Whoever did this to you lives in the building. And it won't be very hard to figure out." Caius said.

"But if they are still in here then wont they be able to find me and hurt me again?" I looked up at him.

"No because you will be with me the whole time," he said.

I blushed.

"No one will never put their hands on you again," he said.

I nodded.

We headed into the main entrance. I stopped.

"Izzy whats wrong?" Caius asked.

"What if they make fun of me because I have no hair?" I looked down.

He grabbed my chin gently, making me look up at him. "Izzy you are the most beautiful girl alive. With or without hair," Caius said lowly, he kissed my forehead.

"You think so?" I looked into his eyes.

"I don't think so. I know so." he whispered.

He closed the space between and his lips touched mine. I barely knew him but it felt right. Everything about him felt right.

"I love you," I whispered, gazing into his eyes.

He smiled. "That's the first time I've heard you say that," he whispered touching my cheek.

"It felt right. You feel right. Everything about you feels right. I don't know why I feel this way. I've just... re-met you."

He smiled. "I know, it does feel right," he paused. "Come on. Let's go in. We're going to check in with Aro then we'll head up to my room okay?"

I nodded.

He pulled me to his side and led me in. His arm was around me, holding me securely. He made me feel safe.

We walked slowly, heading into a room.

There were a few people in the room. Two men were on thrones and there were a few people mingling in there as well. I looked around, looking at everyone. My eyes drifted to a spot on the wall with a large crack, little cracks stringing off from each other. I winced my eyes closed, my heart suddenly racing. Something bad happened here. I took a shaky breath in.

"Izzy are you okay?" Caius asked.

I opened my eyes after a few moments. "Yeah," I whispered, my heart beating away.

I let out a breath of air and looked over to the men in the thrones. I stared at the man in the center throne, a bad vibe coming off of him. The man just gazed at me. He seemed in awe for some reason.

"She's alive?" look of shock covered his face.

"Yes, of course she is alive," Caius said. "Why wouldn't she be?"