Sixty Two

I woke a little later. Caius's hand on my forehead.

"Hi Caius," I whispered.

"Hello dear, did youre walk tire you out?" He asked.

"Yes," I sighed. "Can you get my my sandwich. And Lillith?" I asked.

"Of course," he said and left. I got up to go to the bathroom and winced feeling my arm. The bite still sore. I grabbed a change of clothes moving to change into a long sleeve shirt. I headed back to the bedroom and sat on the bed.

Jane came in with Lillith, "hi haby," I said and took her close. She was sleeping.

"I already fed her," Jane said smiling.

"Thank you," I paused. "Do you want children of your own?" I asked.

"Yes, but it's impossible for two vampires to have children," she said looking down.

"What about adoption or surrogacy?" I asked.

"Possible," she sighs. "I doubt Aro would let me have a child though due to how often Im gone. It would be unfair of me to leave her with a stranger while on missions," she sighs.

I nodded and looked down "Im sorry," I sighed.

"Its okay," she said.

"Do you have a mate?" I asked.

"No, not yet anyway," She said. "They will come with the time is right," she said.

I nodded.

Caius walked in with a sandwich "Hello Jane," he said.

"Hello Caius," she said and then left.

I smiled and took the sandwich. "She is perfect," I said.

Caius nodded and sat next to me. "I was thinking maybe you and I can get out of the castle tonight and go out to eat?" He asked.

"Yeah that sounds great," I smiled.

"Where would you like to go?" He asked.

"Do they have any thai restaurants here?" I asked.

"I'll have to look," he said. "Back up?"

"Anyplace with fettuccine," I said. "And shrimp. Shrimp fettuccine," I smiled.

"That sounds nasty," he said.

"Hey they have it in Oregon. Ive been there twice. And it was amazing!" I said.

"You live in Washington?" He asked.

"Really? Come on? How did I get here?" I asked.

"A plane?"

"Mhmmm how do you think I got to Oregon?"

"A plane?" He asked.

I tried not to laugh at it.

"A car, people can drive places," I patted his shoulder. "Thats how people get to and from work and school," I said sarcastically.

"So you drove to oregon for food?"

"You are so slow Caius. Yes. We drove to Oregon," I shook my head. "We went for my birthday and right before I left," I said.

He laughed at it and kissed my forehead.

"Ill start looking up places to go," he said. 

I nodded and smiled some. "I haven't been out in awhile," I said.

"I know," he smiled and moved to his desktop.

"You know you need to get a lap top youre old," I chuckled. He shook his head at it and looked at the screen.  "Well theres no thai places thats within three hours of here," he chuckled. "Im sure I can find a regular place that serves pasta," he smiled.