Fifteen

I woke up the next morning. I looked up at the ceiling feeling exhausted. 

"Hey baby," Caius said.

"Hi," I whispered. 

"How did you sleep?" he asked.

"Okay," I yawned. My tummy growled. 

"Are you hungry sweetie?" he asked. 

I nodded once. 

He took my hand and helped me stand. I wiggled my toes as I yawned once again. "Do you have any socks? My feet are cold," 

He nodded and went to his dresser and opened to top drawer and grabbed a pair of socks and handed it to me. I took them and sat down on the bed and put the socks on. I stood up afterwards and took his hand. 

I leaned against him as he led me to the kitchen. 

"Does anything sound interesting?" 

I shook my head. 

"Cereal? Waffles? Pancakes? Toast? Orange juice? Bacon? Sausage? Poptarts? Eggs?" He listed off 

"Eggs please," I responded. 

"What kind?" 

"Scrambled,"

He nodded and got out a skillet and a carton of eggs. I sat at the dining table watching him. 

"How many eggs do you want?" he asked. 

"Uhh three please," I said 

He nodded, gabbing three eggs, cracking them into the skillet. 

I laid my head on the table, closing my eyes, still sleepy. 

A little while later, Caius sat down at the table putting a dish in front of me. I looked up and grabbed the fork and poked the eggs around for a few moments before I actually put a piece of egg in my mouth.

"Are you okay?" Caius asked concerned. 

"Yeah I just feel off," I sighs. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. 

"I don't know... loss if identity I guess. I just don't know who I am anymore," I whispered and took another bite. 

"You'll remember eventually," Caius said, placing his hand over mine. 

"I better," I whispered. "I dont know its just that inside my brain there is a thick layer of fog, and everytime I try to remember, I just end up walking deeper and deeper. Every step I take into the fog, the fog just becomes thicker and thicker."

He sighs. "The fog will clear up eventually and you will be able to remember who you are," he said kindly. 

I nodded and continued to eat. I looked up at him. "Why are your eyes black?" I paused. "They were a different color yesterday?" 

"I'm hungry," he sighed. 

"Do you want me to make you something to eat?" I asked. 

"No dear, food doesn't resolve this type of hunger," he sighs.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head. 

"It's complicated, I will explain later dear. Okay?" he rubbed circles on the back of my hand. 

I nodded. 

"Izzy, do you mind if Alec watches you for a little while?" he asked. 

"Watch me?" I asked, "What do you mean? Watch me?" I asked.