Twelve

The paramedics rushed me into the hospital. "We have a 17 year old girl, fractured left ulna, laceration on the back of the head. Concussion. We started an IV and gave her O negative blood," Amanda told the doctor.

"What happened to her?" The doctor asked.

Alec spoke, "I don't know, I found her in the room bleeding. She knows my name but she doesn't remember anything else," he spoke.

They brought me to a room. For a short period of time he examined me. "What's your name sweetie?" he asked

"Izzy," I whispered.

"What's your pain at 0-10?" he asked

"Eight," I told him

"5mg of morphine sulfate. Okay, I want a full body CT, a ultrasound of the abdomen and an X-ray of her left arm and wrist,"

A nurse came over, "This is going to help you with your pain okay?" she said and injected something into my IV.

Almost instantaneously my pain went away. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing.

"Where's her parents?" the doctor spoke.

"Deceased," he sighed.

"Is there anyone to call?" he asked.

"He is already on his way," Alec spoke.

"Our nurse will show you to the waiting room okay?" the doctor said.

"No... No I want him with me," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, he can't come with you," he said. "Once all the scans are done bring her to ICU," he spoke. We were moving again.

Alec squeezed my hand. "You're going to be okay Izzy, I'll see you when you are done okay?" he said kissing my forehead.

"Okay," I whispered. His hand left mine. I began to cry once again. I was terrified. I didn't want him to leave.

They brought me to a dark room. "Okay Izzy, were going to x-ray your arm now," The lady said. "I'm Meredith I'm going to be by your side the whole time Okay?"

I nodded.

The radiologist came over and set it up taking 6 pictures of my arm.

"Izzy when is your birthday?" Meredith asked.

"I don't remember," I whispered.

"It's okay," she paused.

"I'm going to take you to CT now," she said pushing me.

Things started to fade. The last thing I remember was closing my eyes.

.

.

.

I saw a bright light. The closer I got to it, the brighter the room had become. I gasped for air shooting upright. I woke up in the middle of a beautiful forest leaning against a tall cherry blossom tree. Pink were petals all around me. It was a beautiful site. There were all sorts of trees and plants around me. Flour petals of all sorts of colors surrounded the entire forest. Sun shone down everywhere. I took a deep breath in and out. "Fresh air," My hair was braided down my back. Something was in my hair at the top of my head. I pulled it off and it was a tiara. It was the sparkliest tiara I have ever seen. The diamonds glittered as the sun reflected off of them. It was shaped as snowflakes. This was the utmost beautiful thing I have ever worn in my entire life.

    The dress I was wearing was a long white gown with long sleeves of lace. It was so comfortable. The slip of the dress  was silk, the outside layer was all lace. It went down way past my feet and flowed behind me as a tail. The dress reminded me of a wedding gown, but not as elaborate.