Forty Three

I walked home shakily. How am I supposed to tell him that I'm pregnant. Hell, what am I supposed to do if Caius found out. What if he does find out. Will he kill Peter, the baby?

I didn't realize I was crying when I walked through the doors of the building.

Peter came over "Izzy, sweetheart whats wrong," he touched my cheek immediately.

"We need to talk. Alone," I said to him.

"Is this about Caius? Has he come for you?" He asked.

"No... no," I told him. "Please I need to talk alone. Just you and me," I said.

"Of course," he said and pulled me into the back room. "What is it Izzy?" He asked kissing my hand gently.

"So, I'm still not feeling well... and so I went to the doctors today..."

He interrupted me. "Whats wrong? Are you sick. Is your brain bleeding?" He asked.

"No... no. I'm pregnant Peter," I whispered tears falling. "I'm scared. I'm so so scared,"

"You're pregnant?" The look of shock on his face.

"I'm pregnant Peter," I whispered looking down tears in my eyes. He doesn't want the baby

"I'm gonna be a father," he hugged me tightly. "Wait do you not want the baby?" He asked.

"I want the baby. I'm just scared," I held on crying into his chest.

"It's going to be okay Izzy," he said. 

"Are you sure Peter?" I whispered. 

"Everything is going to be okay, I promise. We will be okay. You and me. It's going to be okay baby girl," he said. 

"I'm scared," I looked up at him with big eyes. 

"I know," he said. "But we are going to be fine, I promise," he said rubbing the back of my hand. 

"Promise?" I looked up at him. 

"I promise," he said pulling me close. He rubbed my back, kissing the top of my head. "It's going to be okay, I promise. We will get through this," he said. 

I nodded. "Can we not tell anyone yet?" I asked. 

"Of course, we will tell the others when you are ready," he said just holding me close. 

"I can't believe I'm pregnant Peter," I whispered. 

"I know," he whispered. 

"What will we do once the baby is born?" I asked. 

"We will figure it out then okay? Let's just worry about one thing at a time okay Izzy?" he said touching my cheek. 

"Okay Peter," I whispered looking up at him. 

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something to eat?" he asked. 

"No," I said shaking my head. 

He sighs,  "Are you sure?" he asked. 

"I'm fine Peter," I said. "I'm not hungry. I'm just really in shock," I sighed. 

He nodded, "I'll make you something a little later then," he said and hugged me gently. 

"Deal," I said. 

I rested on him closing my eyes, "I'm gonna take a nap," I sighed laying back on the mattress. My heart raced, I was so overwhelmed. What are you going to do Izzy? 

"Want me to stay babygirl?" he asked. 

"You don't have to Peter," I sighed and looked up at him. 

He nodded and tucked me in with the blankets. "Okay darling, just holler if you need me Izzy," he said and kissed me gently on the lips. 

"I will Peter. I love you," I whispered. 

"I love you too Izzy," He smiled and kissed me on the head. "Sleep well little one," he said and sighed leaving the room. 

I curled up on my side stressed out. The tears came again. Don't cry. Don't cry. Peter is right, it is all going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. You are going to be fine. 

You are going to be fine. 

I cried for a few minutes. 

"Izzy breathe, you are going to be fine," I whispered to myself. 

"You are going to be fine," I whispered to myself over and over again. 

"You are going to be fine," I whispered once more before I fell asleep. 

.

.

.

 I woke up screaming. "NO NO NO!" I screamed. 

Peter ran in. "Izzy!" He gasped. "What's wrong?!" He rushed to my side kneeling down on the mattress pulling me onto his lap. 

Tears fell, sweat beaded up on my forehead. 

I looked around realizing it all was a nightmare. 

"Izzy what happened?" he asked. 

"I had a nightmare," I cried into my chest. 

"What was it babygirl?" 

"I was pregnant almost due with our baby and this cult kidnapped me and they... they... and they tied me down. They said I had sinned. They said the baby wasn't pure.  They stabbed my stomach over and over killing the baby," I cried holding onto him, "They took her out of me then ripped out my uterus to make sure I wouldn't ever have another baby again," I sobbed into his chest. 

"Holy shit," he whispered rubbing my back. "That was just a dream Izzy, it won't happen ever," He rocked me kissing the top of my head over and over again. 

"I could feel it. It hurt so bad them stabbing me," I cried. 

"It was just a dream babygirl," he said rocking me wiping my tears with his thumb. 

"It felt so real," I cried touching my stomach lifting my shirt looking for marks. 

"See babygirl, there's nothing, it wasn't real," he said rubbing my stomach. 

"It wasn't real," I whispered hiding my head in his chest, just sobbing into him. 

"It wasn't real," he rubbed my back holding me close. 

"Don't leave me Peter," I cried. 

"I won't leave your side," he said playing with my hair. "Never in a million years will I leave," he said. "Look at me babygirl," he said. 

I looked up at him. 

"It wasn't real. You're safe in my arms forever." 

"Safe in your arms forever," I whispered. 

"Yes forever," he said. 

"Forever," I whispered. 

"Forever."