Fifty Six

When I woke Caius was still in my Arms. It was 3:00 AM. He was still asleep. I carefully moved him pulling the blankets over him and left went to the bathroom to put on a robe. I looked over looking in the crib. My newborn baby girl was sleeping.

I was still extremely groggy and slightly in pain where my incision was. I knew I was supposed to be on bed rest for another 6 days but I cant stand it.

I tied the robe feeling the warmth, feeling how soft it was. I loved it.

I groggily left the room and slowly headed to the kitchen.

"Up early?" I heard a voice.

I turned to him. My brain wasnt processing who it was. "Oh hi Demetri," I said.

He smiled and walked over to me. "How are you doing? I haven't talked to you for a few days," he said. "Well pretty much since," he trailed off.

"I came to kill my self," I said.

"Yes," he said. He took my hand gently. "How are you feeling. You shouldn't be walking,"

"Sore," I said truthfully. "I cant stay in bed for another 5 days," I sighed.

"Where you heading?" He asked moving to my side.

"Kitchen," I mumbled.

"Half asleep?"

"Yes plus long day," I told him and leaned against him.

"Where's Caius?" He asked.

"In bed... sleeping," I said.

He nodded and chuckled "are you sure he was asleep?" He asked.

"Yeah pretty sure," I said to him. "We talked about everything. He blames himself dispite it not being his fault for his actions," I said.

"I was gonna say something smart but I dont feel like pissing you off today," he chuckled.

I let out a small laugh. "Yes already had enough news today so shut it," I smiled looking at him.

He seemed confused. "Is that why Caius kicked us out of the throne room?" He asked.

"Partially," I responded. "I needed to hear something from Aro instead of more bad news from Caius," I looked down.

"Bad news?" He asked.

I looked at him as if he were stupid.

"Ohhhhh," he looked down realizing it.

"It was Aro. He ordered someone to kill them. I couldn't hear it from Caius. It would've broke me," I said.

"I'm sorry Izzy," he whispered.

"Was it you," I finally said after a moment.

"No. I wouldnt do that to you," he said.

"Do you know who did?" I asked.

"No," he said. "The only thing I knew was when you came on that tour... didn't you learn...."

I cut him off immediately. "That was why I came. I knew what was going to happen. I knew I would die, trust me if I wanted to talk I would've called you or something," I sighed. "But I thought it was the only way... after he died. I couldn't take it," I looked down at my ring. "I did what I had to do even if that meant ending my life," I sighed.

He nodded and looked down. "Im so sorry Izzy," he stopped walking and just pulled me into a hug.

"She looks just like him. Lilith. She's beautiful," I whispered.