Thirty Nine

It was Monday morning. It was dumping snow and we needed to go to the bank. Peter and I had decided to use lyft because we couldn't walk five miles in 19 degree weather. It had been very peaceful since Lillie was gone. Kyran and I had worked on all of my clothes sewing up all of them. 

We got into the car and I leaned on Peter. 

"It's pretty cold out today," the lady said. 

"Yeah," I chuckled. "We normally walk everywhere but it was too cold out today," I shrugged. 

"Yeah, Christmas is coming in a few days." 

"It is?" I looked shocked. I had completely lost track of days. 

"Yeah don't you know," she chuckled. 

"Actually no I don't really keep track of days," I shrugged. 

She looked down. "Oh... do you not celebrate?" 

"I used to but things changed," I whispered. 

She nodded dropping the subject. "You two together?" She asked curiously. 

I nodded. "Yes." 

"That's nice," she smiled. She pulled up in the parking lot. "Would you like me to wait?" 

"No I don't know how long it'll be thank you for letting us pay with cash I don't have a card yet which is what I'm here to get." I whispered. 

"Of course," she smiled. 

I nodded once at her and got out of the car. 

"Is it really only a few days till Christmas?" I asked looking at Peter. 

"I guess I had no idea. We don't keep track of days." he touched my back leading me inside. 

I smiled a bit and went up to the desk.  "Hi I called on Thursday about my mothers account. She is now deceased and I am to take over the account and her money. I need to make an account and transfer her money over to my new account. I got everything you told me I would need." I said. 

"Of Course can you tell me your name and I'll put you on the schedule there's three people in front of you." 

"Izzy Peirson," I told her. 

"Alright you can sit down in the waiting area your name will be called in when someone is available to set up your account." 

I nodded and smiled and went to sit down next to Peter. I rested on Peter's shoulder. "Thank you for coming with me." 

He nodded and smiled. "Of course," he said. 

I nodded and smiled at it. I played with his fingers for a while, he kissed my head. We didn't speak much. 

"Izzy Peirson." A male came out. 

"Want me to come?" Peter asked. 

"No I'm sure it won't take long," I told him and gave him a quick peck on his lips. 

He nodded and smiled. I stood up and headed over to him. "Hello," I said and took his hand shaking it. 

"Hello, My name is Emmanuel I will be helping you today."

I nodded and went back to a booth with him. "How can I help you?" he asked. 

"So my mom died and had money in her bank account. I called the other day and they said I can create a new one and you guys could close her account and put it all in my account. The only thing I don't have is my mom's ID. She died in Italy." I whispered.