Nineteen

Izzy POV

I spent several hours out before I went back to the castle. My mind was swirling with newly founded memories. I stumbled in, completely distracted. I thought about my mom. Did she die painless? This has to be my fault. If I never told my mom that I was here she would still be alive.

I headed sullenly to Caius's room. I felt numb. My chest was numb. I had no one left. My friends are gone. I have no one.

"Baby... are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" Caius immediately went to my side taking my hand.

"I'm fine," I said blandly, taking my hand away.

"Izzy whats wrong?" he asked concerned.

"Nothing."

"Izzy," he picked me up, taking me to the bed. "Talk to me," he said.

"I'm fine," I said. "There's nothing to talk about," I looked away. There was no tone in my voice.

"Baby," he paused, he touched my cheek, pushing it towards him, making me look at him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, now I'm going to bed," I whispered to him moving out of his arms. I squirmed under the blankets facing away from him.

He gently kissed my neck. "Izzy, please talk to me," he whispered, his lips on my neck.

"Caius, please leave me alone," I whispered.

He put his arms around me pulling me to his chest, "No."

"Caius," my voice strained.

"Izzy," he sighs.

"I'm going to take a bath," I murmured, pulling out of his grasp.

He nodded, "Okay love," he sighs. "Keep the cast out of the water."

I kicked the covers off standing up, walking slowly to the bathroom. I locked the door and ran warm water. I got in sitting down, I wanted to be with my mom, I wanted to be with my friends. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to leave with Caius and go somewhere far far away. Hawaii? Alaska or Australia? Guatemala? Costa Rica? The Bahamas? Brazil even. Anywhere but here.

These people took everything away from me. What have I ever done to them? I mean I trashed a room. I've done nothing to deserve this? Why is this happening to me? Am I destined to die here? I'm I destined to die a prisoner in a castle full of vampires?

I could kill myself, then I would be with my mom. Izzy are you serious? What would your mother say? Suicide? You have to be stronger than that. Be strong for Caius, he loves you.

"Stay strong Izzy," I whispered.

Tears pooled in my eyes threatening to slip any moment. Why did I come to this stupid castle!

.

.

Jazmine came over to me. "Come on. Let's go on this tour. It's only 45 minutes," she said. "She said it's the oldest building in Volterra... come on," she said.

I nodded. "Sure," I said watching her. She pulled me over to a small group of people.  The group grew after several minutes. Jazmine came over with Hannah and Cameron.

I looked around. It was very pretty in the building. Many paintings, old vases. The lady in the front talked but I was too far behind and wasn't paying attention enough to read her lips the whole time.

We walked down a long wide hallway. At the end there were these double wooden doors that must have been hundreds of years old. She pushed the doors open into a very crowded room. Many people were in the room standing back looking as if they were waiting for something.