Ten

I woke up with a yawn. I curled on my side. My eyes drooping close. I took a deep breath  and yawned again. What time was it? I looked over at the by the door. 11:30. Sun seeped through the curtains. 11:30 AM. There was a note on the bedside table labeled Izzy. I picked it up and read it. 

Good morning Izzy, I hoped you slept well. Meet me in the west wing at the top of the stairs at 12:00 I have something for you. Have a wonderful day.

Caius

I looked around the room taking it in. It was much larger than my bedroom. The walls were painted grey. There were a few paintings on the wall. The one that stuck out to me most was the one was of Aro another man and Caius sitting on the thrones. 

There was a dresser across from the bed. My walking stick was leaning against it. There was also a pair of clothes on top of the dresser. I wonder if those were for me. I threw the dark grey covers off of me then wobbled over to the dresser, using the bed for support. I grabbed the clothes and unfolded them. Yes they were mine. I grabbed them and the walking stick and tried to find the bathroom. The bathroom was at the back of the room. I entered the bathroom and sat on the closed toilet to rest my legs. It was still really hard to walk with or without the walking stick. I guess I just need more time to recover from the coma. 

After I felt like I could stand for more than a few minutes I grabbed the shirt that Caius left for me. It was black, shorter in the front and longer in the back. I already had a bra on because I forgot to take it off before I fell asleep.  Caius also gave me a black pair of leggings. I sat back down on the toilet and put on the leggings. I stood up and held onto the counter. Do you think Caius would mind you using his toothbrush? Nah I don't think he would. 

I turned on the water and ran the toothbrush under the sink and then put toothpaste on it and brushed my teeth for two minutes. I spit it out and used the mouthwash that was also on the counter. I left the water running and grabbed a small hand towel that was above the toilet. I placed the towel under the running water and soaked it, then I washed my face. I headed my way out to where Caius wanted to meet me. 

I waited by the stairwell leaning against the railing. I wonder what Caius has for me? Maybe he will let me go home? I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I kept my eyes closed waiting for Caius to come. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Izzy?" 

My eyes fluttered open. "Hi." 

He chuckled. "Did I catch you off guard?" he asked. 

"No, I was just thinking," I replied. 

"Like?" 

"Nothing, just thinking." 

"Did you get the note?" he asked. 

"If I didn't I wouldn't be standing here? Would I?" 

"That's true," he took my hand.

I chuckled a bit thinking once again. 

"What is it?" he asked. 

"Oh. Uhm. I used you toothbrush this morning. I hope you didn't mind," I struggled to keep a straight face. 

He laughed a bit, "It's okay dear," he down at me. He was so charming. He gently brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. 

We locked eyes for a moment. "Oh yes. I have something for you." 

"Like what?" I asked quietly. 

"I talked to Aro this morning an-" 

I cut him off. "Do I get to go home?" 

He sighed and looked down. "You can't go home. Ever. You know that dear, right?" 

I looked down and nodded. "Yes. I've been told that several times now," I said. The tone of my voice changed. Sadness seeping through. 

He gently grabbed my chin, making me look up at him. "Don't be sad."

"Do you even know how hard it is? To be taken away from your family. You can't ever see them again? Do you even know how heartbreaking that is?" I painfully said. "I miss my mom. I miss my friends. They died. Do you even know how hard that is? Living with that guilt?" tears filled my eyes, threatening to spill. 

"I-I don't," he sighed. 

"Then how can you say 'don't be sad.' It's a horrible feeling to feel," I shook my head. 

"Izzy. I'm sorry," he lowered his voice then pulled me into a hug. "It's going to be okay, I promise." 

"Caius, I'm going to back to your room," I pulled away from him.

"I still have something for you," he mentioned. 

"I don't care," I said. 

"I know it's not as good as going home. But I promise it will make your day," he said. 

"I doubt it," I sighed. 

"You can call your mom," he sighed. "But your phone calls must be monitored by one of us." 

"I called my mom when I was at the hospital. Many times," I bit my lip. "When no one was around." 

"Does anyone know that? Does she know about us?" he asked becoming concerned. 

"No... but-" 

"But what?" he asked seeming stressed. 

"N-nothing," I said under my breath. 

"Izzy you have to tell me," he sighed. 

"She-she knows where I am at. She...uhm... Is trying to find me," I croaked out. 

"Do you know where she is now?" he asked. 

"No. The last time I talked to her was at the hospital," I looked down, avoiding eye contact with him. 

"She could very well be in danger," he said. 

"I told her not to go on the tour," I looked away. 

"She could still very well be in danger. It's dangerous. We know everyone who tried and looks for us. If she even remotely saying who she is looking for. Aro could very well have-"

"Have what?" I looked up.

"Been killed. By one of us." 

"I need to call her right now. I have to make sure she is okay!" I gasped. 

He handed me his phone. "Call now."

I dialed her number. No answer, so I left a message, "Mom please call back. I need to know if you're okay. I love you." I hung up. 

"I can't get a hold of her," I looked down. 

I tried five more times. No answer. 

"Damn it mom answer," I whispered to myself. 

"Keep trying. I'm going to talk to Aro and see..." 

"If they killed her," I finished his sentence. 

He nodded. "Go back to my room. Just keep trying," he kissed the top of my head. 

I nodded and headed back to his room. 

Every time I called there was no answer. I must have called her over 20 times. I kept calling for at least 30 minutes. Mom just tell me you are okay. Please. Please call back. I laid on the bed, stressed out. What's taking Caius so long? 

I finally stopped calling after the 30th time. I just laid there a pillow over my face. What if she is dead? How would I be able to live with myself. It would all be my fault. "Why did I tell you mom," I said into the pillow. 

I heard the door open.

"Izzy we have to talk," he said with a low, sympathetic tone.