Fifty Four

Felix and I walked to the library where Marcus usually was. "Wait out here," I told Felix.

"Of course," he said.

I walked into the library seeing Marcus sitting on the couch.

He closed his book "Hello dear," he said with a small smile.

Marcus was like a father to me. He always had been. I would talk to him daily whenever I came down here. "Hello," I smiled going to sit next to him.

"How are you... are you okay after?"

"Yeah I just lost my temper," I sighed interrupting him.

He nodded and took my hand. "Im sorry for what Aro did. You shouldn't have been down there," He sighs.

"I wanted to. I didnt want to hear it from Caius I couldn't. He told me my mother was dead, I couldn't take any news from him," I sighed. "I wanted to hear it from him," I looked at him. "But I keep losing my temper around him. I dont know. I dont know why. Its not me. I dont like yelling or screaming. I dont know what's happening to me," I whispered

He pulled me close "there's nothing wrong with you my dear," he said.

"It feels like it," I sighed.

He nodded and rubbed my arm.

"Marcus, I need to ask you something," I looked up at him.

"Of course, anything," He smiled.

"Chelsea," I said.

He nodded and looked down at him.

"Once my mother died things started happening. I dont know. I was upset at Caius 24/7 but like not... I dont know he cared for me. But when I went to the psychiatrist he changed. He changed completely. He wouldn't let me make decisions on my own. He just made everything for me. He changed. It was like I didnt matter. It was like he didn't even care when I was getting better he didnt even seem to notice. He attacked me once bit me. It wasn't him Marcus. I know him. It wasnt him," I said. "It wasnt. Felix told me about Chelsea. Is it possible? I know youre the most observant," I said.

He looked at me. He was thinking. "It's possible Izzy I know he would ever hurt you. Aro could have told her to break the mate bond, she can control bonds, bring people together. Pretty much she makes us.... Content and want to be here," he said.

I nodded. "Do you think it was her?" I asked.

Marcus sighed. "If he changed that much. I know he wouldn't hurt you," he said. "He loves you completely. He hated himself when you left. He hated it completely. And when you..."

"Dont say it," I said knowing exactly what he was going to say. Pain immediately On my face.

He nodded and sighs looking down. "He hated himself for that. Seeing someone else make you that happy," he said.

"I love... loved him... he was the best thing that has happened to me. He made me forget. He made me feel normal," I whispered. "No one here has done that... Im not saying," she looked up at him instantly. "Im not saying that in a rude way because I love you. You're like a father to me... but you arent human," she realized that sounded rude. "I... not... its not because youre not human its just because you don't experience things I do... I dont know how to explain it," I looked at him. "When I first came here. I just remember seeing my friends dead. All of them. Laying face down in the throne room. I had no idea what you were. What you were saying to me," I whispered. "Then I was tortured. I dont know Marcus. It just feels like, I dont know," I said.

He pulled me close. Tears in my eyes.

"You dont get that experience... you dont get human touch, you dont hear a heart beat. I understand. You didn't get the life you wanted... needed,"