Forty Seven

Several weeks later

I left work, today was the day I would be there for awhile due to maternity leave. I was extremely tired. Peter and I were planning our marriage. We havent told the "family" yet but we will as soon as the baby arrives. We havent decided on a name yet. I got into my car and headed to the house.

I had a really bad feeling in my stomach. I parked and went in the door was unlocked. We typically keep it locked for safety reasons. "Peter? Daniel?" I called out. I hung my coat up. I dropped my bags and let out a blood curdling scream.

Dead.

They were all dead.

Peter. Daniel. Everyone.

They were dead. I rushed to Peter who was laying on the floor.

Peter opened his eyes weakly. "Izzy," he whispered his breath shallow.

"Peter. Peter please hold on. Please," I whispered clinging onto him. "Dont let go," I whispered.

"I love you," he whispered tears in his eyes. "Im sorry I couldnt protect you," he said. He weakly lifted his hand to put it on my cheek.

"God damn it Peter you arent going to die," I said trying to pick him up.

"Its okay," he said.

"No Peter. I cant live without you please you dont understand. Youre the first person who made me feel normal. Feel human please fight for me please baby. I cant lose you please Peter. Please," I cried holding onto him tightly.

"Youre going to be fine," he said closing his eyes.

"PETER GOD DAMN IT OPEN YOU EYES FIGHT FOR ME," I said.

I saw the bite on his neck immediately understanding what happened now. This was all my fault.

"I cant," he whispered. His body was cold.

"I love you Izzy. More than anything. Please take care of our baby. Run. Dont let them catch you... he said consider this a warning," he said.

"Please peter. Let me take you to the hospital," I tried lifting him but I couldnt. I knew I couldnt call 911 because If I did it just wouldnt be good. "Peter please just stand up. I can drive," I said.

"Izzy," he whispered barely breathing, he closed his eyes. His grip on my hand loosened.

"Peter.... PETER!" I screamed shaking him. "No peter peter!" I cried. "DONT DO THIS TO ME!" I screamed. I checked his pulse. Nothing.

"Youre not dying on me," I whispered.

I immediately started CPR on him. "Peter... peter please dont leave me. Please I need you. The baby needs you. I cant do this on my own. I have no one," I cried my arms shaking. I couldnt do CPR  for long. He was gone. Peter was gone. Caius killed him. It had to be Caius.

"I need you Peter. Why couldnt you fight," I cried laying next to his cold body. "I love you. We didnt even pick out a name for our baby girl. We didnt tell them we were getting married. Why... what did I do to deserve this. You mean everything to me," she cried holding into him, she cries into his neck feeling the bite mark.

"We were gonna get married. We couldve had more kids. Youre gone. Youre gone," I cried. "THIS ISNT FAIR!" I screamed gripping onto his clothes.

"Youre gone. What am I supposed to do now. Who will love me. Who will hold me. Youre gone," I sobbed not letting go of him.

What am I going to do. I cant leave him like that. I can leave my fiancé like this. I cant. I touched his hair. He looked at peace. Did he suffer?

I just held onto his ice cold dead body hiding my head in his neck crying until I fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later. It was dark outside. Oh god it was all real. My fiancé is dead... my family is dead. All because of me.

"I love you Peter," I whispered. His body was already stiff. I shakily stood and went outside and grabbed a shovel shakily starting to dig. Tears fell once again as I dug up enough holes to bury by family. One by one I drug everyone outside. Peter was last. I layed him down "I love you Peter. I will never forget you. Ill be with you soon," I whispered and began to put the dirt ontop of him. 

Maybe if I go to the volturi they will kill me.... thats what Ill do.

I can hide in the tour. Like how I met them the first time.

That is how Ill die.

"Ill be with you soon Peter," I whispered.