Sixty One

I walked down to the kitchen with him.

"What would you like to eat?" Caius asked.

"I dont know," I said. "Something light," I sighed.

"Peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" He asked.

I nodded and sat down.

Caius moved over grabbing bread and grape jelly. "Do you want creamy peanut butter or crunchy?"

"Crunchy. With lots of jelly," I said.

"Of course," he said and smiled. I watched him make it and he sat the plate down infront of me.

"Thank you Caius," I smiled a bit.

"Of course," he said. "We need to talk about what to do with Peter. Cremation or burial?" He asked.

"Really you ask me that while I eat?" I shook my head. 

He tried not to chuckle.

"Id like cremation," I said after a minute.

He nodded and looked down.

"You really could've waited till after I ate," I sighed.

"Im sorry," he looked down. I picked up the plate and put it in the fridge. I grabbed a Protein drink instead.

I sighed and sat down sipping on it.

I didnt talk much. I went to the fridge anf pulled out a soda drinking it quite fast.

He smiled at it.

"Better?" He asked.

"Well other than I want to get revenge from making me lose my appetite again by  just burping in you ear. Its all good," I said.

All of a sudden we both started laughing.

Caius moved over to me and kissed my cheek. "I missed this," he said.

I smiled at it. 

"Ready to talk?" He asked.

I nodded.

He held my hand and led me to the library.

"Meeting in here?" I asked.

"Yes. He thought it would be more of a easier setting then a room," he said.

I nodded and sat on the couch putting the throw blanket over me. I looked nervous seeing Santiago come in.

He sat down on a chair across from me.

"Tell me from the beginning," I said.

"Aro called me into his office saying in Washington there were many humans who knew about us. One of them even came here which is how he knew where you were. I didnt know at the time it was you. He didn't tell me. He just told me that someone was telling people and they lived in this area. He wanted to give a message," he paused it.

"Consider this a warning," I said to him.

"Yes. I didn't know who it was. I wouldn't do that to you or Caius. Once I found out it was you I... I felt horrible. I nearly asked Caius to punish me for it," he said

"Still debating," Caius said.

Santiago nodded then looked at me.

"I waited till you were gone as Aro wanted it to be a lesson to learn again. I had no one idea. I had no idea you were Caius's mate, we're pregnant. I was just following orders without asking questions," he said.