Forty Nine

I kept my eyes down. This was it. This was my end.

"EVERYONE DOWN ON THEIR KNEES NOW!"

I dropped to my knees. It'll be over soon. Just a few moments I'll be picked by someone and my blood will be drained from me and my body will be put in a pile. My dead body will go in an incinerator and then I will be with my mother and Peter and the rest of my 'family'.

"W-whats going on?" A girl next to me asked fear in her voice.

I didn't speak.

"Oh my dear, you're our meal," he said and picked her up and pulled her up. "Feast," Aro said to the rest. I watched him, peeking through my hood. I flinched when he bit into her neck and the young girl let out a loud scream. And then the screams began as the others realized what was going on. I tried to keep quiet knowing Caius and Alec knew my voice. I kept my eyes closed waiting to be grabbed.

I felt my arm being grabbed and pinned to the wall.

It's almost over Izzy. I reminded myself.

My hood fell off. My face showing. No no no. Instead of fighting like a normal person I tried to put my hood back on so no one recognized me.

The male in front of me gasped. "Izzy?!" then there was an angering growl.

It was Alec.

"What in the living HELL are you going here," His eyes were pitch black trying not to lose control.

"Please Alec kill me. Just do it. End me, I'm begging," I looked at him tears falling. I watched everyone being fed from. "End me now," my knees shook.

"No," He said through his teeth.

"Alec," I plead.

"What are you doing here you-"

"I came here to die. Please now feed and kill me," I tears fell.

"I can't do that, you know I can't,"

I moved my hand to my wrist immediately scratching at it.

"Stop stop Izzy look at me," he said. "What happened." he grabbed my hands. Everyone was distracted feeding, he practically dragged me out of the room. Once we were out of the throne room he sped me up to his room.

"I want to die please," I begged. "I can't live anymore. They are All dead. My fiance, he is gone. my friends they are all gone. They are dead. He did this to me. He wanted me to suffer so he killed them all. My fiance is dead. I'm due in a few weeks. I can't live anymore. I can't do this without Peter. Now kill me or I will find a way to do this myself Alec," I said.

"No," he said. "We will figure this out."

"I HAD TO BURY MY FIANCE, MY FRIENDS BECAUSE I COULDN'T CALL THE POLICE OR I WOULD BE ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER. MY FAMILY WAS KILLED BY CAIUS. HE KILLED MY FIANCE. HE KILLED MY FAMILY. WE AREN'T GOING TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I AM GOING TO DIE OKAY!" I screamed at him.

He couldnt speak for a few moments, "Izzy, Caius wouldn't hurt you this way, I promise you. didn't do this," he finally spoke.

"How can I believe you?" I hissed.

"Because he talks about you every day, about how much he misses you, how much he loves you. He talks about how hurt he is because he hurt you. How much he hates himself for driving you away. He talks about how he could never forgive himself for not listening to you. He loves you more than you know. He wouldn't do anything to hurt you. Even if Peter was your fiance. I promise you," he said taking my hand.

I hit his hand away.

"THEN WHO KILLED THEM!" I screamed hitting his chest.

"I don't know Izzy I'll figure this out. But Caius needs to know you are here. He couldve saw you in there and he may-"

"No I am dying," I told him.

"You aren't going to die. We aren't going to kill you. No one is stupid enough to kill Caius's mate," he said.

"Well then I will find someone who is stupid enough. Or I will jump out the window, cut my throat or wrists," I told him.

"Okay I will find someone to watch you while I talk to Caius," he mumbled.

"I'll find a way Alec," I said.

"Izzy, you have a baby, a baby that is on their way, you don't want to die, Peter is still with you. Peter is 50% of the baby. He is still here," he whispered putting his hand on my stomach. "Feel Izzy. He is right here," he took my hand and placed it on my stomach.

"But he isn't here. We were supposed to get married," I told him tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked down at my ring on my finger. "We were going to get married and I had to go and dig his own grave. I had to bury all my friends. I had to bury him. I had to bury Peter," my knees began to shake.

"Come here Izzy," he said.

I held onto him tightly crying into his neck. "Alec it hurts so bad I want to be with him. I've lost everyone I've ever loved. My mom, my friends, my misfit family and now my fiance. I have no one. I am alone," I said.

"No you are not alone. You have me, you have Caius," he said.

"Caius is going to kill me when he finds out I am pregnant," I whispered.

"He knows," he said.

"What?" I gasped.

"I come out once a month to make sure you are okay. I haven't this month yet I was supposed to leave next week. He is happy that you are happy," he whispered.

"I'm not happy anymore," I whispered.

"Are you sure it wasn't Caius?" I asked.

"I'm sure, he wouldn't do this to you," he said. "Lets lay down, you need to rest," he said.

"I don't want to rest I want to-"

"Enough Izzy, you aren't going to die," he said through his teeth.

"Feed you idiot. I was going to say speak to Caius. You're thirsty and you're moody and I need an extreme distraction so feed," I hit the side of his head after I wiped my eyes.

"Oh, sorry," he said. "I don't think its the best idea I feed," He said.

"I was at the feeding pool? You can just say you didn't know it was me," I told him. "Now feed," I glared.

"No," he sighs. "I'll go get Caius," he said.

"Fine," I looked down.

I just wanted a distraction for five minutes. I just needed to take my mind off my dead fiance.

"Are you going to do anything stupid or do I need to get a babysitter?" He asked.

"No I'll behave myself for now. I may change my mind if you-"

"Okay," he said sighing. "I'll be back," squeezed my hand.

He left the room. Immediately I started picking at my wrist, pinching and pulling at it. I just needed a stupid distraction. I didn't realize I was drawing blood. "Oh shit," I said and went to the bathroom and washed up. I knew where the band aids were in his room out of experience. I put one on my wrist and when I walked out of the bathroom there was Caius standing in the middle of the bedroom.

"Izzy," He whispered and then dropped to his knees.