Forty One

I looked at Peter as he wrapped me with a blanket. "Do you want me to make you tea? Get you water?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine Peter. I just need water," I whispered.

He nodded and quickly went over to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water handing it over. "Tell me what happened? Are you hurt?" He asked taking a hold of my hand.

"No... I don't think I am anyway," I whispered.

"Tell me what happened," he said sitting beside me. He grabbed my weist and pulled me onto his lap.

"I-I was walking grabbing stuff and I was cornered. He just appeared and I tried to get away but Demetri was at the other end. I was trapped," I whispered.

"Did he touch you? Hurt you?" He asked holding onto my sides.

"No... no... I Just felt trapped. I wanted to get away. I told him I wasn't coming back with him. And he.... he just let me go. Demetri told me to reconsider coming back but that's not going to happen," I looked up at him.

He kissed the top of my head. "You're safe now, you won't ever be bothered again," he said.

"He gave me his debit card. He told me that I can use it for whatever and he will fill it no matter what," I looked down.

"He what?" Peter asked shocked.

"He is letting me go," I whispered. Deep down it felt wrong? Was there a part of me that loved Caius still? "He told me to use it on whatever we need and he will supply me with money whenever," I looked up at him.

"Why? Why would he do that?"

"I-I don't know. I feel free. Now I don't have to worry about hiding anymore. He won't be coming after me. I'm free," I whispered gripping onto his hand tightly as I turned around facing him, my legs wrapped around his hips.

"Yes my love," he said and kissed the top of my head. "We don't have to worry about a thing," he said and stroked my cheek.

"We can be happy. I can be happy," I told him, a small smile forming on my face.

"Of course," he kissed my lips gently holding my sides. I rested against his chest for several minutes listening to his breathing... his heartbeat. He spoke after a while, "You threw up are you getting sick?" He asked.

"No. I don't know. I don't think so... I mean I don't feel sick either," I spoke quietly looking up at him.

He nodded and touched my cheek.

"We should probably put the groceries away," I sighed not wanting to move from his lap.

"What did you get?"

"Everything on the list and maybe a few other junk food for us," I admitted looking down.

He chuckled at it. "Like?"

"Chips, Oreos, Cookies," I whispered.

He tried not to laugh.

"Sorry, it sounded good at the time," I shrugged.

"Izzy don't be sorry," he touched my cheek.

I nodded. "Help me put everything away before everyone is awake. Maybe we can surprise everyone with breakfast?" I asked.

"Of course my love," he said kissing my nose.

I rested against him, my stomach still extremely unsettled.

"Love, are you sure you are okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think it's just... shock... I dunno," I looked down touching my stomach becoming pale. "I think I'm going to throw up again," I whispered.

He quickly rushed to grab a wastebasket.

I grabbed onto it and hurled the rest of the contents of my stomach into the bucket.

Peter held back my hair. I rested on him after. "How about you make breakfast for everyone and I lay here," I sighed feeling off.

He sighs. "Are you not telling me something?" he asked.

"No no Peter, I don't know whats wrong. I just feel off," I sighed. "I'll be fine," I squeezed his hand. "I'll be fine."

"Could it be your head?" he asked.

"No, I don't think so," I sighed. "It doesn't hurt or anything. I haven't hit it. Look Peter, if I'm still feeling ill next week I'll go to the doctors okay?" I sighed.

"I'm just worried," he kissed my head.

"I know you are," I sighed.

"I don't want to lose you," he whispered.

"You won't lose me. I'm just sick," I let out a small laugh.

"You never know by your stories you have has some close calls," he squeezed my hand.

"Peter, I'm not going anywhere," I held onto his hands tightly.

He sighed.

"Now go cook. I'm hungry," I chuckled.

He shook his head at me but went to the kitchen. "What should I make?" he asked.

"Eggs?" I shrugged. "I bought a ton of them. First unload the food," I said.

"Yes ma'am," he chuckled a bit. "You really did buy a lot. How did you get home?" he asked.

"Taxi," I shrugged.

"Uh... I... uh think these are for you," he said and tossed me the bag of pads I bought.

"Bingo," I chucked seeing his red face.

He looked down shyly putting away the rest of the food. He left out one carton of eggs and some bacon. I watched him curiously as he cooked.

Kyran was the first one to come out waking to the smell of breakfast. "Mhmm, it smells so good. I haven't smelt bacon in so long," Kyran said with a yawn coming to sit on the couch with me.

I leaned against her. "Same here," I chuckled.

"Who's idea was this?"

"Mine," I smiled.

"You always have the best ideas Izzy," she smiled yawning again.

It wasn't long until everyone was awake. We were all in the living room. Daniel was helping Peter cook now. The whole room smelt so good. "Alright everything is finished," Peter said and dished everything in two large platters bringing them to the table in the living room. He brought out paper plates and syrup too for us. "Dig in," I said once everyone was handed a plate.

I smiled seeing everyone's enjoyment.

"Aren't you going to eat Izzy" Kyran asked.

"Maybe later. My stomach doesn't feel good," I sighed not wanting to tell them about my incident earlier.

"It'll be all gone," she said.

"I'll make more," I shrugged. "Go ahead, you all deserve it," I smiled as Peter sat down next to me.

"You can eat Peter I'll be fine," I sighed and held onto his hand as he dished himself a plate. He offered me a piece of bacon but I denied it. "No," I sighed.

He took a few pieces and set it aside for me for later.

I rested against him watching everyone happily seeing them enjoy their meal.

"Thank you so much Izzy," Daniel said with a smile. "We all appreciate what you are doing for us."

"You're family to me now," I told them with a smile.

"And same to you Izzy," Daniel said and took my hand.

I watched them all happily they all made me feel at home. Finally a place where I belong.