Thirty Six

IZZY POV

.

.

.

The next day I walked back to our little hideaway.

"Izzy," Peter gasped as soon as I walked through the door rushing to me.

"Sorry, I fell asleep," I whispered. "I'm back now," I sighed.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine," I whispered looking down. "We can't live at my house. It just means too much much to me," I whispered and showed him a bag. "Here is the rest of the food that is good. There's some chips, canned food, cereal, top roman, cup a noodles," I sighed. "I just can't have us stay there it hurts," I whispered.

"It's okay Izzy," Peter whispered pulling me into a hug. "I shouldn't have even asked it was wrong of me. I'm glad your safe," he kissed my forehead.

I hugged onto him. "I miss her," I whispered taking out a picture showing him.

"Is that her?" he asked.

I nodded. "I also have some money," I whispered, "We had it in a safe in case we needed to move. It's 2,000$," I looked down. "I checked our bank account too. There's another 10,000$ in there. I can go get that for us."

His jaw dropped. "You would do that?"

"Where's the money going to go?" I whispered. "The house is paid off so they won't evict us. I called and shut off the electricity and water so it won't take it out of the account. The money is ours," I looked down tears in my eyes.

Peter hugged me very tightly.

"It's what she would've wanted," I looked up at him.

"Come on lets go tell everyone," he said.

"Wait," I grabbed his arm. "Can we talk afterwards," I looked up at him, "Alone?"

"Of course," he said and kissed my cheek and pulled me to him leading up.

Daniel looked over seeing us come up. "Izzy, welcome back? Are you alright?" he asked.

I nodded. "I'll be okay," I whispered. "Why don't you gather everyone... I have something important I need to tell everyone," I said.

"Are you leaving us?" he asked.

"No no," I said immediately.

"I have money... a lot of it," I looked up at him.

"EVERYONE... MEETING," he shouted.

Peter chuckled at it.

I rolled my eyes at it and people came out sitting and standing around.

"What's up Daniel?" Lillie asked.

"Listen to Izzy," he said.

I looked down nervously. "I have money," I whispered.

"And you've been hiding it?" Xavier accused.

"No no. Last night I went home. To my old house. I just needed to look around see her pictures. I decided to look in the safe that we had and I counted the money there was a little over 2,000$ in there,"

I took a deep breath and looked at the ground. "But then I realized we probably still have more money in the bank so I called and there was more than 10,000$ in there. We have nearly 12,000$ in total," I looked at them all.

"Are you serious?"

"Im serious," I whispered looking at them wiping her eyes. "My mom would've wanted me to use the money if something like this ever happened. I need to go to the bank sometime this week with identification and my social security and they will put the money in my name. I need to go to the DMV and get new ID because I think mine is still in Italy. I can't let us stay in my old house though. It brings back too many painful memories. I salvaged the rest of the food that was edible."