Fifty Three

I smiled looking up at Caius. I was going to say something, but I was unsure if it was the right time, the right time for me. I remembered all the wonderful times I've had with him. Meeting him, sitting on his lap, caring for me, helping me shower and wash my hair when I was too depressed to do it. He made sure I was cared for. I don't know what changed, I don't. He wouldnt let me make decisions for myself. It was like I was being controlled. But I dont know what happened? Why it happened. 

"Izzy are you okay?" he asked. 

"Yes, I'm fine," I said truthfully. 

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, "I'm just thinking."

"About?" 

"Everything that has happened with us. The good, the bad. I'm still trying to figure out what happened. I don't think it was you. I don't know though," I paused, "I mean it's not you to hurt me. Something happened,"

He didn't speak for a moment, "I agree, I would never hurt you, even when I snapped at you that time. It wasnt me, It started shortly after I wanted to..." 

"Send me away," I finished the sentence. 

He nodded. "I was so conflicted with that choice. I don't know why I wanted it. I should've been there. I talked to Sulpicia,  I don't know," He said. "And then when I attacked you..." 

"I know it wasn't you and I'll figure this out," I said. 

He nodded. 

I kissed his cheek. "Once were done talking  to Aro would you mind if I talked to Marcus alone?" I asked. 

"Of course," He said. "About what?"

"About you... seeing what he noticed," I said to him. "He's very observant but quiet at the same time," I said. 

"Of course love," he smiled some. I rested against his chest. "I know you are going to hate me for this," He paused. "I'm going to have Felix watch you for a moment," he said. 

I looked down not speaking, I winced my eyes closed.

"Izzy, he won't hurt you, he feels guilty," Caius said. 

"I know, I know," I sighed. 

"It'll be only for an hour," he said.

"Okay Caius," I said. 

It was a quiet walk there, he held me in his arms. This was the first time really seeing anyone since I arrived.

We entered the throne room, Caius setting me down on his throne. Aro narrowed his eyes at me some and at that moment I knew he did it.

"Hello Caius," He said, "Izzy," his words hard and crisp when speaking my name. 

"Hello," I said quietly. 

"How is the baby?" Marcus said. 

"She's perfect," I smiled some. 

Aro looked at me rolling his eyes. 

"She will be turned when of age," Aro said. 

"Of course," I whispered. "I'm assuming I will be turned soon as well," I said. 

"Correct," He paused for a long time. "Is there a reason that you two are here in particular?" 

"Yes," Caius said and looked at all the guards. "You are all dismissed, you stay," Caius said with authority. He looked at Felix, and Felix nodded. 

Everyone left the room except Aro and Marcus.

"Caius what is this about?" He said.

"Did you do it?" Caius asked.