Thirty Eight

I looked down as I walked up to the counter with Peter.

"Hello, What can I do for you today?" The lady asked blandly.

"I need to get a new ID card. I lost mine when I went to Italy," I whispered and handed her the paper and gave her my social security card.

"Sit and when your number is called they will come to take your picture," she said. "You'll get a temporary ID until it comes in the mail," she said. 

"Thank you," I whispered and sat back down. I leaned my head against Peter's shoulder. "Can we go back to my house after. I don't think I can face them," I whispered.

"Of course," he took my hand. I sat in silence just holding onto his hand playing with his fingers.

He sighed and kissed my cheek. I smiled ever so slightly.

I stood when my number was called. I went over and looked at the camera as they took my photo. They printed me out the temporary ID and sent me on my way.

We walked in silence as we headed for my old home. I unlocked the door and I led him to my bedroom and I curled up on the bed. He got in with me and nuzzled me. "Breathe little one," he rubbed my back.

I hid my head in his chest tears surfacing.

"Hey hey," he whispered kissing my head. "Don't cry little one," he rocked me. "Lillie is a bitch, shes always been cold hearted since her parents abandoned her. She never cares about anyone but herself. She's threatened to leave if she didn't get her way," he told her. "It's not you I promise," he rocked me. 

"I just want to fit in," I told him. "Be normal for once. You guys made me feel normal... you made me feel normal. Human," I told him.

He touched my cheek then kissed my lips passionately. He touched my sides gently "breathe little one," he said  and kissed my neck.

I closed my eyes and layed back as he kissed down my neck. "Calm Izzy," he whispered.

I looked up at him. "I love you," I whispered.

He kissed my collar bone. "I love you too  darling."

.
.
.

I layed beside him blushing. I had sex for the second time. "Thank you... that felt good," I whispered.

He nodded and touched my cheek. "You're perfect in every way you know that right?"

"I'm not though," I whispered.

"Of course you are. You're drop dead gorgeous, kind, generous... hell you came back with all that money and are letting near completely strangers use it. You're the model of perfect," he kissed my cheek.

I blushed at it some. "T-thanks," I looked down. "I don't want to have to face Lillie again," I whispered turning my head away from him.

"Lets make a deal. We give it a week and if she is still a problem for us we leave," he said.

"Three days," I shook my head. "I can't take a week of that," I whispered.

"Okay, three days," he squeezed my hand.

"Want to go back?" He asked.

"No but I will," I whispered. He nodded. I looked down standing putting on my my clothes and jacket back on. He pulled me close kissing my lips gently. I blushed a deep red when he kissed me.

"Lets go," he smiled.

"Sorry I was giving you the silent treatment earlier. I just didn't want to talk to anyone," I whispered as we stepped into the cold.

"I'm not mad," he told me squeezing my hand.

"Thank you," I whispered.

He nodded and smiled.

I leaned in him gently as we walked. I looked down my heart racing as we neared the building. I stopped walking.

"Izzy?"

"Yeah... give me a minute," I told him tense.

He nodded and rubbed my hand gently.

"Go inside I'll meet you in."

"I'm not leaving you outside alone," he said. "I'll wait with you," he said and took a step back giving me space.

I winced my eyes closed trying to find the courage to go into the building to face Lillie again. For several minutes I stayed standing completely still. "O-okay," I whispered and looked down. "I'm... re..." I changed my choice of words. "Im okay to go in now." I whispered.

Peter walked back over taking my hand pulling me close. He led me inside as we walked upstairs he smiled. Daniel looked down seeing us. "We need to have a house meeting," he said. Everyone but Lillie there

"Whats wrong Daniel?" Peter asked tense.

"Sit,"  Daniel said.

Peter and I sat next to each other on the floor.

"We all decided to kick Lillie out... she destroyed some of your property Izzy and Peter while you were gone," he whispered.

"L-like what?"

"Mainly clothes," Daniel said. "We stopped her before she could get to the memorable items.... she tore up one photo."

I looked down tears in my eyes I curled up not moving. Kryan moved over. "Ive been working to fix your clothes... I sew. She cut them up. They wont look as nice but,"

"Thank you," I cut her off tears falling.

"I also put the peices of the photo and taped it back together," she whispered walking over to me taking my hand handing me the Polaroid of my mom and I. "I was 10 in this photo. We were at the beach. We were at Bondi Beach in Australia," I whispered. "Thank you," I looked at her moving to hug her tightly.

"Of course youre family know. We back eachother up. What she did was wrong. She wont come back here again," she smiled slightly. "I have a few more things to patch up but then everything will be fixed," she said touching my cheek.

"Thank you.... thank you," I whispered tears slipping down my cheek.

"Of course Izzy," she said before moving back to her spot.

Peter rubbed my back gently "to tell you the truth we were going to leave in three days Lillie didnt pull herself together," he whispered.

"We figured one of you were leaving. It shouldn't have ended that way but it did. We will move on but it was the best decision for us. We can't have people turn on each other. We're here to support each other in the time of need," Daniel said.

Everyone nodded.

"Everyone is dismissed."