Thirty Seven

Izzy POV

.

.

.

I curled up next to Peter. It was early the next day. "Do you think they heard us?" I whispered blushing.

"Maybe... walls are thin its a warehouse," he chuckled.

"I think I might die," I grumbled covering my face with my arms feeling extremely embarrassed.

He chuckled and kissed my head. "It's going to be okay," he said and rubbed my arm.

"I'm going to go to the DMV today to get everything I need to get the money from the bank."

"Would you like me to come?" he asked.

"You can," I shrugged. "We won't be able to go to the bank till monday to get a new card," I sighed.

He kissed me gently. "Don't stress Izzy we are going to be fine," he said.

I kissed him back and held onto his hand.

"What time does the DMV open?" he asked holding me close.

"8:00 I believe," I said. "Better eat and escape before everyone wakes," I whispered not wanting to face the others.

"Calm they won't say anything... well maybe Lillie. I don't think she has been a fan of us from the beginning."

"Us?" I blushed.

"Uh.. yeah us," he whispered.

"Us... I like the sound of that," I said.

He chuckled his hand rested on my waist. His face hovered above mine a moment before he planted a kiss on my lips.

I let out a giggle, "We better get dressed," My cheeks flourished red.

"Alright darling," he said and touched my cheek.

He stood up off the bed carefully lifting me up to my feet. I went over to my bag I brought home and picked out clothes for the day. I put on an oversized sweater and a pair of black leggings and wore a pair of boots I brought home.

"You look beautiful," Peter said.

"Thank you Peter," I whispered.

He took my hand. "Lets make our escape," he chuckled

I blushed and nodded. I looked down shyly holding onto his hand as we left the makeshift bedroom.

He chuckled a bit and rubbed my arm. Daniel and a few of the others were sitting on the couch.

"Busy night much?" Lillie rolled her eyes.

"Maybe. Whats it to you," Peter replied in the same tone.

"We could hear you all night long it's disgusting," she said rolling her eyes. "She should just stay at her home and take her money with her. She doesnt belong here,"

"Enough Lillie. Everyone belongs here," Daniel yells.

"She has money... a family that wants her. We dont... no one wants us we are just dirt. No one cares if we live or die. No one wants us."

I looked down frozen not able to speak or move my heart racing.

"Everyone belongs here Lillie," Daniel said again. "And if you dont like that you are free to leave. But Izzy is welcome here," he said. "Right?" He said and looked at me.

I didnt answer I just looked at the floor.

Peter held onto my hand tightly. "Were going to the DMV... we will be back later," he said. "Come on Izzy," he said and kissed my cheek.

I looked down not replying to him. I just nodded slightly.

Peter pulled me close to his side and kiss my cheek "Don't listen to her. I told you she would give us problems," he whispered in my ear.

I didn't respond to him, keeping my gaze down we exited the the building together.

"Izzy... you can talk to me," he said after a few minutes. 

I couldn't force any words out of my mouth so I just shook my head no.

He kissed the top of my head worriedly but nodded. "Okay," he sighed. "I need to get directions darling can you give me your phone?" He asked.

He briefly looked them up studying them for a few moments then handing me my phone back.

I held onto his hand as we walked. It was a quiet walk neither of us spoke. Peter giving me space which I appreciated.

When we arrived at the DMV there were only a handful of people there. I went up to grab the right set of paperwork to fill out to get my new ID card. I slowly filled it out not able to think.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked faintly.

"Ill be okay," I whispered.

"I'm sorry for Lillie... I really am, but what she said wasn't true and you know that right?" He asked.

I looked down but nodded. "Yeah I guess," I sighed.

"Its not true," he whispered.

I shrugged at it. "It doesnt matter," I looked down.

He kissed my head worried. "I..."

I looked up at him.

"I love you Izzy," he  whispered and lifted my chin so I was looking at him. "Ill stand by you. Even if that means we leave," he said.

I nodded and held onto him. "Thank you," I whispered and held onto his hand tightly.

He smiled a bit.

I closed my eyes and rested against him holding the clipboard in my lap for several minutes before our number was called and it was our turn to be seen.

Caius's MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara