Tomb Raiders: 5

-The girls suddenly hear Calan's upset call.-

"Beal?! Beal!??", the two girls run back to the group "S, s, sorry! The princess wanted to see something..." she apologized, he sighs "Would you tell me when you're going then? I was afraid that a the cambions had got you both!". Lora apologizes too "I'm sorry, it's my fault: let's hurry.", the mystical-wizard turns away "It's okay, just stay close to the group..." he warns, Lancelot adds "Yeah, I thought we'd all be outta job, soon!". The princess wryly smiles as they go forward "I'm really sorry..." she apologizes again. The paladin sighed "It's fine... the wizard may of said that: but he damn near killed everythin' in th' damn place, I'm sure them mummies ain't regeneratin' any time soon, and demons don't come back to life.. They ain't got nothin' to fall back on.", Lora shuddered a little upon hearing that: no wonder Wit was so scared, he told her this before... The concept of life-after-death doesn't apply to them, ergo why they fade to oblivion. Minutes later, they reached the sultans' tomb.

The smell of death gets worse, as the mummies of the previous sultans arose from their tombs... But Calan easily cuts them to pieces with tornado-speed winds. Max runs up next to his elder brother again "I think we're ready, now!" he shouted, Beltane creates a spark with her fingers... then excitedly ran up next to him, too "Yeah! Our magic's back!" she agrees. Calan smiles "I hope so... I hear more coming..." he warns, but as he barely gets the warning out: a roar comes from down the long dark hallway! Everybody stares in either fear or curiosity as the sound drowns out the mummies' moaning. Lora wonders "Fafnir??", Beltane replies "No... a dragon's roar is really... distinct. We learn that in magic-studies... It's like it's one of the creatures from outside??" she finished the sentence as a question as the roar sounded familiar... Calan glared "This is bad... let's go!" he says. The group hurries down the hall way, more mummies clad in sultan wear and jewelry stumble out of their coffins, but Max easily freezes them all solid. Beltane then launches many fireballs that shatter the bodies to pieces, one mummy rises from his coffin, just in time to be hit by the last one, leaving a headless body sitting there... until it burns away... They pass it and see Odin standing at the trial-chamber-gates. "Odin??" Calan asks, the captain turns toward him "There is something very wrong with the tomb... And Master Don's trapped in the trail chamber.." his voices booms, the mystical-wizard replies "We're here to help him.". Odin turns away and ran forward, signaling them to follow, the group does with the wizards and Augite-knight fighting through the mummies that block the way, until they reach the other side of the tunnel leading into the trial room...

The sight they see, was far more dangerous and disturbing than what came before: Don and Poison stood back from a 15ft tall T-rex, which in and of itself wasn't a rare sight in Hyperborea... but this one had a very different look to it's entire being.