[Fantasy Au] Demon baby - Damien

When you live in a forest surrounded by wildlife and plants , you may think that a witch who specialises in herbs would be delighted that they live in such a fruitful place where most of their needs could be found with ease. However , that isn't the case at all . Ever since humans found this once beautiful forest that used to be filled with spectacular flowers and different plants that could be used in herbs , they've been taking and taking everything they could land their grubby hands on .

This led me to start my own private garden for herbs and flowers and casting barrier spells around the forest to prevent any humans from entering . I had originally planned to place  a chimera at the entrance of the forest but decided against it when the forest fairies warned me of a hunt that was happening within a few days which led to the decision of the barrier . I sighed , sipping my tea as I watched the trees sway with the wind . It was times like these where I could calm down and forget about all the destruction the humans have caused . Though it gets lonely living alone here  with nothing but the creatures inhabiting the forest to keep me company , I still like living in my comfy cottage with almost no disturbance .

Though sometimes I do wish the creatures of the forest would knock before intruding into my cottage .

"It isn't nice to just intrude into my cottage without my knowledge you know . "

I mumbled as I gave a glance to the Elven King who just had this sheepish smile on his face . I placed my tea cup down , "Well ? Take a seat , I have a feeling you have something important to talk to me about ? " I watched as he nodded his head , taking a seat directly infront of me as he laid out his problems and that there was a possibility that a war between the elves and humans could happen . In which , I come in .

"So , you want me to brew potions to help in the war ? "

I was hoping he would say no but it seems that he was being serious . I shook my head before laying out what a witch that specialises in herbs can and can't do .

"Your highness you must understand that I'm not capable of brewing potions that are meant for war . I specialise in herbs , which means I can only brew potions that help people , not end their lives . "

"Yes I understand fully well that the potions and magic that you specialise in are meant for the good but isn't there at least a potion or magic that can be use against people ? "

"Well , " I started , standing up from my seat and walked the short distance to my workplace "There is a potion that I could make that could be used against people and creatures alike but , "

I paused as I searched through my potion cabinet for the one ingredient that was required for such a potion . I bit my bottom lip seeing as I had either ran out of it or I simply didn't have it in the first place .

"The potion requires a ... certain ingredient that is hardly found around here . "

The Elven King narrowed his eyes at me , asking me what that ingredient could be and that it shouldn't be that hard to find it . I shook my head " I'm sorry but unless you know where I can get demon blood , I can't help you . "

He froze in his place , muttering something under his breathe that went along the lines of 'I think I know a place' . I raised an eyebrow , "You know of a place ? "

"Yes , yes I do but ... "

"But what ? "

"The demon is still but a child , I'm afraid . "

       ______________________________

"A child ? This doesn't look like a child . "