Stayed a while longer - Eric Cartman

? Pov .

I never really understood the kind of relationship my grandparents had , but I did understood one thing .

They loved each other , just that they didn't know how to express it to one other . Being one of the few grandchildren they had that was staying with them , I was used to the way that they would sometimes semi-yell at each other over silly things such as ' Oh , you ate all the food in the fridge 'and the usual ' Could you just be quiet for once ? ' kind of arguement . Another thing that I didn't understood was the circumstances that my grandparents were in when they were married .

Apparently from what I heard from my dad , who was their third child and only son , my grandma and grandpa was in an arranged marriage that was set up by my grandma's parents , my great-grandparents . Why they did that , I wasn't quite sure since my dad also didn't know the full story himself but I guess it didn't  matter since they must've loved each other to have 3 kids together . While ' love ' wasn't the exact term to describe how the both felt about each other , it felt that they were like a newly wedded couple , one moment they're all lovely-dovely to each other and the next thing you know , they'll be throwing things that you youself didn't even know you had in the house.

If you were a complete stranger and had entered my home , saw all those pictures of my grandparents when they were young , you would've said that ' Hey ! Your grandparents must've loved each other to the bone ! '

Well  , they wouldn't be completely wrong but they weren't right either , considering the fact that the chances of heaven and hell switching places in my home was considerably high to change places with eavh other . But , let's just push that subject away now and lets talk more about my grandparents and what they're like .

For starters , let's talk about my grandma . While I don't know much about her to begin with , I do know quite some facts about that .

Firstly , my grandma had come from a line of respectable chinese natives who had migrated here to seek a better life . Well , to cut it short , yeah , they had found that better life a few months after they migrated here and had quite a normal , simply and happy lifestyle here . While they were here , they had made friends of different culture from time to time , their own culture too . However , my grandma's life got flipped turn upside down when she was suddenly told that she was to be engaged to none other then my grandpa when she had just turn 17 years of age , my grandpa being 3 years her senior .

Secondly and lastly , my grandma was actually okay with the whole thing , even thought she was still shock with the sudden news . Well , since arranged marriages were somehow quite the norm back then for the some of the chinese and parts of the country that they migrated to , I guess I couldn't blame her for accepting the whole thing .

Now lets move on to my grandpa .

Now my grandpa was a ' proud ' man for some reason , even though he had went and broke almost every law there is to mankind but let's not go deep into that alright ?

My grandpa was just like your average joe , he was okay in everything , execpt for weight but let's not go into that , that was asked for him in society , well , if you could even considered yourself being part of an arranged marriage okay in society eyes . Besides that thought , he was an ... alright man to say the least . He had an alright right job , being a reporter in his early days and earning a steady income and all .

And I think that's about it , yep , these were how my grandparents met and eventually having 3 kids and 6 grandkids in total . I'm not quite sure whether they enjoyed the life they had together but I think that liked it , since both of them liked the thrill and advantures in life , plus , grandpa and become considerably skinny over the years of their marriage .

But like I said at the beginning , it was the usual , so it'll weird if the cycle was disrupted all of a sudden , right ?

Well ... right ...

It was suddenly disrupted when my grandpa suddenly passed away peacefully in his sleep , just after a few weeks when he was released from the hospital from a lung infection . I guess ... I should've expected it to happen but , I didn't expect it to happen so soon .

But who was I kidding , my grandpa was already 80 years of age so it shouldn't had came as a surprise . Either way , I had recieved the news when I checked if I had any messages after school and ... well , my dad had told me that my grandpa and passed away in the early morning just as I had gone to school . But I guess I wasn't the one who was most shocked with the news , after all , my grandma was the one who had spent most of her life with him and just suddenly recieving the news that he was now gone must've been a blow for her .

But , she didn't cry .

She had just stood there , looking down at grandpa who was now in the coffin , ready to be buried , no tears streaming down her face even when grandpa was already buried and we said our prayers .

So when I decided to check on her in her room , to see if she was alright , it came as a small surprise when I heard soft weeping in her room . I softly turned the door nob and peeked inside to see my grandma holding a picture frame of them both when they were just married , sobbing quiety .

I guess ...

I guess grandma (Y/n) wanted grandpa Eric to stay just a bit longer , long enough for her to say her farewells .